Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

terrywebbisgod

James Lowes leaves Leeds Rhinos.

26 posts in this topic

He has played a lot of RU at West Park Bramhope I believe. Also a lot more RL/RU crossover at Leeds Carnegie these days. Director of Rugby there is Chris Gibson who has had a lot of RL involvement in RL from player to Agent. Chris even stepped in as interim Head Coach following the resignation of the previous Coach.

Also quits his role as England assistant coach.

Now that is an opportunity.

I think McNamara is great manager, but not an especially good coach. Get the right person in here and we may have a very good team.

Good luck to Jimmy - I've never thought that he's got what it takes to be a top coach, but I've love him to prove me wrong (I guess that Leeds thought he didn't have what it took to be a top player and he proved them very, very wrong).

Now that is an opportunity.

I think McNamara is great manager, but not an especially good coach. Get the right person in here and we may have a very good team.

Good luck to Jimmy - I've never thought that he's got what it takes to be a top coach, but I've love him to prove me wrong (I guess that Leeds thought he didn't have what it took to be a top player and he proved them very, very wrong).

Powell.

Although it'll probably be Cummins, and the parallel with 2010 will soon be complete!

To become head coach of Leeds Carnegie

Are you sure about that?

The Rugby Paper has Sir McGeechan as head coach with Lowes backs and skills coach.

Are you sure about that?

Rugby Times has Sir McGeechan as head coach with Lowes backs and skills coach.

Sir Ian McGeechan is probably a bit too busy being the Chairman to take up coaching duties!

Fair enough, was just going on what was reported in the Rugby Paper on Sunday.

Could be a good move for him, Carnegie were obviously strong at the end of the season and should they carry that through to next season they should be in with a very good chance of promotion. London Welsh won't pose the same questions as Newcastle did this past season and have lost a fair few players, and there are not many other Championship sides who meet the minimum standards.

Back on topic, I see the Rhinos aren't planning to replace him for a while, is that a money saving exercise or are they planning to overhaul the coaching dept at Headingley in the close season?

Fair enough, was just going on what was reported in the Rugby Paper on Sunday.

Could be a good move for him, Carnegie were obviously strong at the end of the season and should they carry that through to next season they should be in with a very good chance of promotion. London Welsh won't pose the same questions as Newcastle did this past season and have lost a fair few players, and there are not many other Championship sides who meet the minimum standards.

Back on topic, I see the Rhinos aren't planning to replace him for a while, is that a money saving exercise or are they planning to overhaul the coaching dept at Headingley in the close season?

I would imagine James will still take a few sessions with the Rhinos.The Rhinos are also looking for a few other members of the backroom staff,so an overhaul looks the safest bet.

Powell.

Although it'll probably be Cummins, and the parallel with 2010 will soon be complete!

I would go with Daryl Powell as well.

I would go with Daryl Powell as well.

Its only a couple of years since he quit as England assistant. Would he really want it again so soon?

In all seriousness I would be pretty peed off if I was a RU coach that had worked up through the ranks. Seems to be a lot of ex RL players just walking into jobs

No replacement at the Rhinos ... new coaching team next season?

No replacement at the Rhinos ... new coaching team next season?

Or a player retiring at the end of the year that's being lined up for the job?

It seems like a pretty unambitious move by Carnegie to me - money must be a bit tight at Leeds.

Looks like the beginning of the end for Leeds Tykes, Union was never going to work in Leeds with Football and RL as the major sports in Leeds!

He's a terrible interviewer so can't see his post-match speeches doing much for the chaps in the clubhouse.

Sounds like he's expanding his skill set to make himself more valuable. If I were involved with Leeds I'd organise some joint training sessions between the two teams for idea sharing and also some of the basic skills can be quite similar.

Sounds like he's expanding his skill set to make himself more valuable. If I were involved with Leeds I'd organise some joint training sessions between the two teams for idea sharing and also some of the basic skills can be quite similar.

Already happens.