Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrFussy

Mose Masoe signs for Saints

61 posts in this topic

:biggrin:

I'm sure Luke Walsh will lay a great platform for him in his new position of prop.

He looks like a Burgess twin type biff and bash lad. Big, obviously, and from that video alone looks for the big shot so that could be a double edged sword on the risk/reward front. Interesting signing though, I'm intrigued to find out what his minutes are like, and I don't even know if he's playing first team at the mo.

He looks like a Burgess twin type biff and bash lad. Big, obviously, and from that video alone looks for the big shot so that could be a double edged sword on the risk/reward front. Interesting signing though, I'm intrigued to find out what his minutes are like, and I don't even know if he's playing first team at the mo.

Well, since Saints have signed him he probably has a long term knee injury and he'll likely play about 10 minutes and then look knackered.

I'm somewhat cautious about this signing, given our Perry experience, but hopefully he'll give us some aggression up front.  We must have one of the 'softest' packs in the league.

I have to admit that's a concern, he's certainly going to have to modify that part of his game.  Still, it's reassuring to know that he's capable of clearing out Paul Gallen with such ease :biggrin:

I hope he can provide a similar impact from the bench to the one which Paul Anderson gave us throughout 2005 and 2006.  I think that's something which we've really missed in recent years.

Edit: Watching the video again Gallen took a high shot straight before he ran into Masoe so perhaps my earlier comment was a little unfair on the Cronulla hard man.

good to see stains investing in british players...................not.

This after lauding the re-signings of Rhys Hanbury, Cameron Phelps and Macgraff Leuluai in the past week or so?

We're bound to use our overseas quota to improve the quality of our squad just like every other team in the league will.

We're bound to use our overseas quota to improve the quality of our squad just like every other team in the league will.

Meh.

Well, since Saints have signed him he probably has a long term knee injury and he'll likely play about 10 minutes and then look knackered.

Even if he doesn't now, he soon will after joining up with Saints. 

To be honest a more impressive announcement from Saints would be that they are have a root and branch overhaul of the sports science/ conditioning/ rehab side of things as something isn't right there.

Saw Eastmond play in the England RU test in Argentina, looks a completely different player physically to when he was at Saints. Took Bath a while to undo the damage but looks like they have got him right.

This after lauding the re-signings of Rhys Hanbury, Cameron Phelps and Macgraff Leuluai in the past week or so?

[/quote

they are already with us, and remember i was lauding the re-signing of jack owens as a marquee signing for the cly=ub....

Didn't he get all 3 big hits of the week once?

I think that might even have been his debut too

Even if he doesn't now, he soon will after joining up with Saints. 

To be honest a more impressive announcement from Saints would be that they are have a root and branch overhaul of the sports science/ conditioning/ rehab side of things as something isn't right there.

Saw Eastmond play in the England RU test in Argentina, looks a completely different player physically to when he was at Saints. Took Bath a while to undo the damage but looks like they have got him right.

Apparently hamstrings are his thing.  Deep joy.

I agree about the conditioning/rehab side of things at Saints.  However, no way on earth are Saints ever going to admit, even to themselves, that one of their former players can't do his job properly enough! 

Plus Leuluai is Wakefield born and bred!

Yeah I read that on the press release too, I was trying to catch VW out. (plus he's a bit rubbish!) ;)

Plus Leuluai is Wakefield born and bred!

tru he has a genuine dual nationality, he was born over here when his dad was playing for hull........................................isn't rhys hanbury from rhyll??

The last one of those shots would be banned now under the shoulder charge rule.  

Lets face it he only needs to play about 5 games to be of more use to Saints than Perry has over the last 3 years.

So will he improve us?   Barry Ward would improve us.

The last one of those shots would be banned now under the shoulder charge rule.  

Lets face it he only needs to play about 5 games to be of more use to Saints than Perry has over the last 3 years.

So will he improve us?   Barry Ward would improve us.

Comparisons on this thread with both Ward and Anderson, I hope Masoe can kick goals from the touchline.

We have three overseas players leaving and two coming in (Walsh and Mosoe). If the rumours are true then we have signed a british winger and a british prop. We have given new contracts to four british players (and there will be more to come).

I know of at least two british players in our academy that will be promoted into the first team next season. Also, we have a rugby union trialist who just made his debut for us in our under 19's and he scored a hat-trick.

But, as you said, Saints don't invest in british players.

We have three overseas players leaving and two coming in (Walsh and Mosoe). If the rumours are true then we have signed a british winger and a british prop. We have given new contracts to four british players (and there will be more to come).

I know of at least two british players in our academy that will be promoted into the first team next season. Also, we have a rugby union trialist who just made his debut for us in our under 19's and he scored a hat-trick.

But, as you said, Saints don't invest in british players.

touchy aren't we??