Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluewhite10

Jordan Walne

24 posts in this topic

Just noticed reading the rugby league express and seen jordan walne in the oldham 17 against Hemel, same one on loan to us?

Where's he been lately is a question for me as we've shipped nearly 60 pts ?

According to the Championship thread on the main page, Walne played Dual Reg for Oldham last week and is in the Town squad this week. Stack, Phillips, Walne and Lawton competing for 2nd row?

Played dual reg while out on loan somewhere else ? I thought we'd heard his loan had been extended before last weekend ?

This is exactly why I disagree with this twinning lark.. players here players there :-(

This is exactly why I disagree with this twinning lark.. players here players there :-(

I see your point lee but I fear the raiders choice not to go DR in this league may see them in C1.

I still hope swinton and the cougars are bottom two though.

Got to say it does sound funny that there would be two Jordan Walne but the crac was he was left out against haven because sickness??

Jordan played for Oldham against Hemel whilst you guys where playing Haven. He couldnt have been that sick Hey !!!!

Thank,s mate, that makes it more of a mystery why he was not playing against white haven.

The DR system is an absolute joke but yet Gary Hetherington is saying in the Yorkshire Evening News that it has been a great success and he describes all the adverse comments as "hysteria".    Guess who the RFL will listen to?

well im baffled. whats the point in loaning a player then letting him play elsewhere. what a stupid, ridiculous rule.

What the f#$k!! The RFL are a joke.

Gary Hetherington is a pr ick if he really believes that

Thank,s mate, that makes it more of a mystery why he was not playing against white haven.

Not selected by our coaches for the Whitehaven game.

I just think most town fans will be baffled that the lad was not picked to play against haven when apparently he must have been fit??

Many things can have happened here.

The coaches may have decided not to pick Jordan

Or the parent club have said early in the week if Charlo/Oggy weren't certain that Jordan would play against Haven, that he should go elsewhere to keep him match fit.

Surely Town must have agreed to this or do they have a say?

What do the rules say Keith - you are usually good at finding the answer.

I suspect though that this rule hasn't been documented yet like many others regarding DR.

if weve decided not to choose jordan then thats an absolute shocker in my eyes. hes coming off a man of the match performance in our best win of the season and is like a rock in defence, which we were pretty awful in against haven.

Both swift and hand have played for rochdale this season as well as haven under the DR rules,clubs(those getting players and those sending the players to clubs) right or wrong are just playing by the  rules.Think everyone agrees the rules at the moment are stupid, allowing the briers,gardner,moore,briscoe etc etc to play was always going to happen it was only the rfl that could not see this.Will it change next season, comments like those from GH make me think it won't

Well it makes you think we extend his loan for another month and for some reason we dont pick him,so i think that just leaves two more games for him to play,unless we can extend his loan for another month or so.

Bizarre . We extend his loan for another month due to how well he's done then leave him out for half of it ... After the performance wonky rightly highlights , and with him adding masses of starch to our defence , bending the line with his charges and being able to cover all pack positions ?? Why extend it again then , can't see it .

Understand all your comments - but looking at the team for Haven WHO would you have left out for Jordan ??? I thought you looked very very strong 

Being on loan and with his defence we had to have him there ... Carter for Mossop and Walne on bench , we didn't expect Craven to be a third DR so for him , or straight up for Shacks . Any way it was a surprise for me . Noones saying it changed the result but I think while he's here the fans think he's in our best 17 that's all .

It's a strange one but It has to be that our coaches just didn't select Walne.    He was on loan with us and we extended that loan .   The rules say that we have to extend it before the expiration of the original loan agreement.    However, Oldham are partnered with Salford and Walne was dual registered to play for Oldham under their agreement.    This is not the same as Haven and the player Swift from Saints as St Helens are partnered with both Rochdale and Haven so he can quite correctly play for both clubs under the dual registration system.