Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emzykins

Steve Prescott for Pride of Britain award

13 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

I'm new to this site I'm a devout hull fc fan, I would like all rugby league fans to come together to help nominate Steve Prescott for a Pride of Britain award. I don't know if you are all aware but he is gradually getting worse, he is now unable to eat or drink, He now gets fed through a tube, He is still determined to do his annual walk to all grounds for the start of the super league grand final. The Hull FC fans forum have now started a campaign for Steve, If all rugby league fans which ever club you may support could help, visit the Hull FC fans forum, He's done so much for charity and help raise awareness for this awful illness,

Many Thanks

Emma Kennedy

Done.

One thing though, is he eligible for the award? The page makes mention of "unsung hero", but he has an MBE for his charity work.

Done.

One thing though, is he eligible for the award? The page makes mention of "unsung hero", but he has an MBE for his charity work.

I thought his MBE was for services to rugby league?  I know Scully's was for rugby league and charity work.

As for the nomination, I did it when there was a Twitter campaign recently.  Good job to the OP for bringing it to people's attention on here though.

I thought his MBE was for services to rugby league?  I know Scully's was for rugby league and charity work.

As for the nomination, I did it when there was a Twitter campaign recently.  Good job to the OP for bringing it to people's attention on here though.

"services to rugby league and charity".

aS i SAY, i'VE NOMINATED HIM ANYWAY AND HOPEFULLY HE'LL GET THE NOD

EDIT: Ignore caps