Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carlos

Salford signings to come.....

75 posts in this topic

Though Walton was a Karl Harrision protege from his time at Salford he's a Leeds based lad, and It's been mentioned elsewhere Castleford had also offered him a 2 year deal so he might stay east of the pennines

Jason was n the academy at the time Karl was with us, he had an number of issues and wanted to go East. Every team needs squad players and Jason will just be one of those especially if true that Jewitt has been allowed to leave.

look at the success teams are having with players from the championship, hill, walmsley, hardaker, joseph all superb in super league this season.

look at the success teams are having with players from the championship, hill, walmsley, hardaker, joseph all superb in super league this season.

Leeds have also signed Yates from Hunslet for next season and I think Wire may look to the championship again to replace one of Moz or Carvell.

For this reason I am not overly concerned about players leaving for the NRL.

Chase

Dobson

Puletua

Meli

Harrisen hansen

Unusual list that as potential signings for Brian Noble, what with none of them being British!

Unusual list that as potential signings for Brian Noble, what with none of them being British!

Harrison Hansen is actually a local lad.

Danny Kirmond should be targeted by Salford before a big club come in for him. Don't get why he'd go for Meli and Puluetua. If he was going to sign a Saints foreign player he'd surely go for Soliola which would be a great signing. Harrison Hansen would be an asset I reckon though.

A starting 13 I'd go for Salford in 2013 I'd aim for would be:

Marc Sneyd

Danny Williams

Martin Gleeson

Junior Sau

Luke George

Lee Gaskell

Theo Fages

Darrell Griffin

Daryl Clarke

Adrian Morley

Corey Paterson

Danny Kirmond

Harrison Hansen

It's just a fantasy team I guess. But at least it has a half decent mix of young europe talent, experienced English players and some southern hemisphere lads to compete.

Harrison Hansen played at Folly Lane as a kid, as did Kallum Watkins before he moved to Latchford at U15's I think.

Think there are bigger signings to arrive at Salford than those already mentioned or confirmed, particularly in the half back department.

cory paterson is off back down under, and i suppose darryl clarke might just pick warrington as they are interested in him. and why replace the excellent jodie broughton with luke george..........

Harrison Hansen is actually a local lad.

I know, but don't tell Nobby, else he'll be scratched from his list.

Danny Kirmond should be targeted by Salford before a big club come in for him...

Hey, steady on there fella. It don't get much better than playing for the Mighty Trin. Big club indeed!!

cory paterson is off back down under, and i suppose darryl clarke might just pick warrington as they are interested in him. and why replace the excellent jodie broughton with luke george..........

Has Corey Paterson been announced I must of missed it.

Salford can outbid Warrington, and Warrington already have 2 quality Hookers.

Ask Huddersfield fans why Broughton won't be playing for Salford next season.

Salford can outbid Warrington,

No they can't.

and Warrington already have 2 quality Hookers.

No we don't.

No they can't.

No we don't.

I was assuming that Salford had less space under the cap than yourselves, if they don't then questions need to be asked.

Which of Higham or Monaghan are leaving? You could say you have 3 really with Brad Dwyer.

Has Corey Paterson been announced I must of missed it.

Salford can outbid Warrington, and Warrington already have 2 quality Hookers.

Ask Huddersfield fans why Broughton won't be playing for Salford next season.

paterson.....yes

clarke..........yes he will replace higham

broughton salford would be mad to let him go i really rate him

I thought Paterson was going back to Oz.

Clarke is up in the air.

Broughton chose not to sign new deal and has apparently signed a 4yr deal at the Galpharm

No, you must be wrong. Only SL teams produce SL players. Hardacre was a one off anomaly. These others must be phantoms of your imagination. It's been stated as a fact many times on this forum.

i presume your tongue was planted firmly in your cheek, i watched many excellent prospects whilst following widnes in the championships, we brought 4 up with us in dave allen, paddy flynn, magraff leuluai and steve pickersgill. allen and pickersgill were discarded by top flight teams but have been superb for us since we came up, flynn went from thatto heath crusaders to super league in 4 years and leuluai has improved beyond recognition.

I was assuming that Salford had less space under the cap than yourselves, if they don't then questions need to be asked.

Which of Higham or Monaghan are leaving? You could say you have 3 really with Brad Dwyer.

Which questions? Do you think Carvell and Morley play for free, Radlinski-style? Clark cannot command anything like the salary that either of those are on.

I think Monaghan will be off at the end of this season, sadly. Higham probably the year after. Plenty of room for Dwyer and Clark, if we do indeed sign him.

Leeds have also signed Yates from Hunslet for next season and I think Wire may look to the championship again to replace one of Moz or Carvell.

It is my understanding they already have; Anthony England from Featherstone.

Why not?

The players leaving for the NRL include many quality players from down under who can now get a decent contract back home, in addition too many quality british players are leaving as well.

It stands to reason that if you take top players out of Superlegue then Superleague has to replace them. Not easy to do that via overseas players and so they are replaced mainly by Superleague academy players and some late developers from Championship clubs some of which don't originate from the championship clubs but came through the academy system.

There's no change to the reality that the Superleague clubs and their academies will continue to develop the most players, there's no change to the reality that a few players will get to Superleague via the championship, but let's not kid ourselves championship clubs are suddenly churning out the stars because they are not.

I'd like to see a list of the top 50 players who have walked away from Superleague and a list of the 50players who have a Superleague contract only because of that. I think you will (with respect to the players) apart from exceptions (which people will constantly point to like "Zac") find that we have a problem in the reducing quality of our Superleague players, and certainly not a championship that is suddenly producing professional quality players.

AFAIK Yates was signed by Hunslet from St.Helens where he hadn't made the grade but retained great promise. I suspect Leeds coaching team had a hand in the lad ending up at Hunslet. Top Hunslet lads like Baldwinson and Sutcliffe circumvent the Championship. We can wishful think all we want, but when "feeder clubs" feed lads into the SL clubs like this let's not delude ourselves they are turning up the stars of tommorrow for Superleague.

The Dobson signing doesn't completely rule him out it could just be a way to activate his release clause. Wouldn't be the first time a player has moved to a club only to move on a few weeks later.

That's the rumour I've heard...

If that is what he's done then I suspect he won't be signing for Salford. More likely he's set his heart on a more established but less cash-rich club. Saints?

If Dobson has done this then I can only imagine the fury that will be unleashed by Hudgell when public!

The Knights statement was slighlty odd but I think Dobson genuinely wants to crack the NRL.