Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buford t justice

Gareth Moore on Twitter

43 posts in this topic

I don't think moore will be at fev next yr.

The way he appears to be burning bridges here would suggest otherwise, Robin.

facts-keegan,flannagan,moore,walmasley all fev were replacibg with kain and ben kaye il take that swao any day of the week.

Having taken the trouble to go on Twitter and read the comment first hand I must admit that it didn't offend me in the slightest.  Storm in a teacup.  What does come over is that the loss hurt the players and that some of them are really feeling it.  I was disappointed in the display after spending nearly 2 hours on the road to get there, but I slept like a log that night.  Not so some of the players, it seems, including GM.  Lets' not give them any more stick, they don't need it. 

Bang on Bill

Agreed, Top post Bill, however why players would leave themselves so open to mud slinging by posting on twitter seems insane to me, can they not send a private text to each other so "fans" cannot take things the wrong way?

It seems to me that some have taken offence at what Moore has supposedly said and others are trying to take the heat out of the situation by saying that the "tweet" was OK .

I think that we should be able to decide for ourselves whether Moore's "Tweet" was inflamatory or not so can someone actually reproduce the whole "Tweet" so that those of us who do not "Tweet" can see for ourselves , please.

facts-keegan,flannagan,moore,walmasley all fev were replacibg with kain and ben kaye il take that swao any day of the week.

fact???? Lmao

That is most certainly NOT fact!

fact???? Lmao

That is most certainly NOT fact!

Just as a matter of interest, Robin, how do YOU know it isn't?!!

Doesnt matter how I know chair...

Of course, i accept that any unvalidated comment posted on a forum is open to a level of scepticism and challenge and I'll live wi that.

But I'm very confident of my post.

Only time will tell!

Well last night I heard Jason Walton and Greg Johnson have both sighned for Salford for 2014. Apparently they will each get £40k signing on fee and a good full time wage on top of that.

Now if that is even close to being true you can not blame the players.

I'd be absolutely staggered if it was true!

Well last night I heard Jason Walton and Greg Johnson have both sighned for Salford for 2014. Apparently they will each get £40k signing on fee and a good full time wage on top of that.

Now if that is even close to being true you can not blame the players.

I've heard exactly the same. Word for word. And from a very reliable source. You can't blame any player accepting that and wanting to play in Super League.

"Having taken the trouble to go on Twitter and read the comment first hand I must admit that it didn't offend me in the slightest. Storm in a teacup. What does come over is that the loss hurt the players and that some of them are really feeling it. I was disappointed in the display after spending nearly 2 hours on the road to get there, but I slept like a log that night. Not so some of the players, it seems, including GM. Lets' not give them any more stick, they don't need it."

I take it you didnt read al the follow up replies he sent to fans who questioned this?

If you did and didnt find them offensive, then theres something inherantly wrong with you.

If an employee of a company goes on a public forum and effs and jeffs at the customers of that company, he'd be for the high jump - obviously this is acceptabl behaviour in Rugby League then - we may as well stop playing the clips at games about Rugby League being a family sport, and to respect players etc, as its clearly not reciprocated.

"

I take it you didnt read all the follow up replies he sent to fans who questioned this?

I'm guessing he asked them all if they needed any kit supplying for the new season?

"Having taken the trouble to go on Twitter and read the comment first hand I must admit that it didn't offend me in the slightest. Storm in a teacup. What does come over is that the loss hurt the players and that some of them are really feeling it. I was disappointed in the display after spending nearly 2 hours on the road to get there, but I slept like a log that night. Not so some of the players, it seems, including GM. Lets' not give them any more stick, they don't need it."

I take it you didnt read al the follow up replies he sent to fans who questioned this?

If you did and didnt find them offensive, then theres something inherantly wrong with you.

If an employee of a company goes on a public forum and effs and jeffs at the customers of that company, he'd be for the high jump - obviously this is acceptabl behaviour in Rugby League then - we may as well stop playing the clips at games about Rugby League being a family sport, and to respect players etc, as its clearly not reciprocated.

You deserve a reply Buford.  I've re visited Twitter and I think that I have found the comment that you allude to and your final summing up is absolutely fair. What is shows, I guess, is that you shouldn't use social sites such as twitter when you are tired and emotional (not a euphemism!.......and before anyone asks, not referring to myself).  Still, the overwhelming impression that I got was how disappointed the players were, including GM. For what its' worth  I wouldn't have been offended by the 'fans bagging' comment, nor would I have replied to it at such an emotive time.

You deserve a reply Buford. I've re visited Twitter and I think that I have found the comment that you allude to and your final summing up is absolutely fair. What is shows, I guess, is that you shouldn't use social sites such as twitter when you are tired and emotional (not a euphemism!.......and before anyone asks, not referring to myself). Still, the overwhelming impression that I got was how disappointed the players were, including GM. For what its' worth I wouldn't have been offended by the 'fans bagging' comment, nor would I have replied to it at such an emotive time.

Fair comments Bill and totally agree with you.

I see hes deleted a lot of the tweets since.

From what ive heard this week the powers that be at the club arent too impressed with him either, so lets hope hes had the dressing down he needs and repays us all with a good performance on Sunday.