Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EQUALIZER

The Future

47 posts in this topic

I wasn't been funny piggys mate, just saying it will be hard to keep up at the top end if you're club can't give top of table wages to keep you're better players. That's no dig at batley as they are doing the correct thing and won't pay wages they can't afford, like us at dewsbury. That said now wev paid off our brewery debt from the mcdermott days, close to a new club sponsor, new stand and future land development getting the goahead to create future income and cement out longterm future, 70 grand a year extra income from carboots, fully booked up function room yearly income, and bigger home crowds for the last ten years than batley despite your higher league positions then we should be ahead of batley and should be more confident of overtaking you in that ladder in the next few years. If we dont then somethings wrong

That seems to be a reasonable assessment.  There again I would not have expected little old Batley to be in a league higher than Oldham, or remembering that York once  had crowds that were better than yours and ours combined I would not have guessed that they would languish in a lower league than us for a while. Nor would I have expected our slightly bigger brother across the valley to end up in a league below us at one time. Anyway, there looks to be good initiatives off the field at Dews and good luck to you, except when we are around, of course.

Lol trouble is until you are in a better position than The mighty Batley Bulldogs you av to to take your medcine! The dogs can sustain their position in the top 4 because we have a club that is run to sustain the team. You have one owner who can take what they want from the club! Where does all your cash go? You are and will be our bitches for the now and in the future so get used to it :lol:

I really don't understand this Batley/Dewsbury hostility.

Both clubs would have been down the crapper long ago if it weren't for the local derbies,  so long may it continue.

I'm old enough to remember the Rams years of dominance over the dogs (and yes i know there weren't many Piggy :ph34r: )  and wise enough to realize that what goes around comes around, 

so i have no problem with Batley being in the ascendancy just now. 

What does concern me is the rumours and whispers that seem to be permeating the rams board of late alluding to Batley and alleged  financial difficulties.

Why that would give anybody any pleasure is beyond me, and i know for a fact the likes of Eddie and Equalizer would be on here slagging off anyone who laid similar claims at the Rams door (EVEN IN THE MCDERMOTT ERA)

I have no issues with dewsbury as long as they are one place below us ;)

If you want to know our financial position ask one of our shareholders.....

Oh that would be me then ;)

Regardless of whether Batley beat Dewsbury for the next 20 years. Dewsbury will always be the bigger of the 2 clubs.

Who are your shareholders? How many board members do you have? How big and how long have you had an independant squad builder? The Rams are a decade behind the dogs and it shows on the pitch

Regardless of whether Batley beat Dewsbury for the next 20 years. Dewsbury will always be the bigger of the 2 clubs.

Bigger yes better No

I know which I prefer and so do your green eyed fans :lol:

Both clubs would have been down the crapper long ago if it weren't for the local derbies,  so long may it continue.

I'm old enough to remember the Rams years of dominance over the dogs (and yes i know there weren't many Piggy :ph34r: )  and wise enough to realize that what goes around comes around, 

What does concern me is the rumours and whispers that seem to be permeating the rams board of late alluding to Batley and alleged  financial difficulties.

Why that would give anybody any pleasure is beyond me, and i know for a fact the likes of Eddie and Equalizer would be on here slagging off anyone who laid similar claims at the Rams door (EVEN IN THE MCDERMOTT ERA)

I for one aint gloating,ive cheered Batley on in the past and will do so in the future..This post was intended to reflect a note of optimism echoed by our chairman about our club,which seemed fair at the time being on our board..Now we know we need Batley just like they need us.However Bill and Ben keep coming on here having a go at us.All im saying is that before they have a pop at us make sure your own house is ship shape.If you dont want rumours to spread tell your players to keep stuck.

If Mark Sawyer had decided to spend more than we could afford or we had directors putting large sums of money into the club as happens at some teams in this league then we too would be top 4 team.

If we had been able to afford to keep Bostock, Finn, Crossley, England , Lockwood, Turner, Brambani, Walker, Faal, Hirst, then we would have been a Top 4 side. But money talks and generally the teams that spend the most finish at the top. we have been unwilling/unable to match terms offered by other clubs and so we have struggled. But the club seems to be on the way up off the field and this will eventually be reflected on the field.

But you have to take your hat off to Batley with what they have achieved on limited resources, but it looks like they are starting to suffer in losing players as we have done.

Agree with all that John - not really interested in Batley's affairs, particularly as they have no relevance to our own. future - I would however prefer we both stayed in the same division for obvious reasons. Neither can I be bothered to reflect on, or bask in past glories - like the 1966 world cup, they are fond memories, but nothing to do with the here and now. Fact is, I preferred the Norman Smith years when we won nowt, to our golden era in the seventies.

Well said John.  There should be room for rivalry and banter, it adds to the interest; but no room for gloating.  Like PM I'd be happy to see Dewsbury one place below us in the table, but would never wish them ill luck.

Aren't people bored of this "my dad's bigger than your dad" rubbish yet?

I'm guessing the average age on this board is about 13. It's no wonder it's dying, Jeez.

I'm guessing the average age on this board is about 13. It's no wonder it's dying, Jeez.

Agreed Chairman , but its your inbreds thats bringing the age down.

Chairman LMAO -yep agree with you there, it seems to take only about 2-3 posts on any topic before it degenerates into usual "we've got more supporters / a better team than you" drivel.

It's an internet forum. What on earth do you expect. What's just as annoying is when those with a holier than thou attitude decide that they are above it all and decide to share their wisdom or take it upon themselves to decide when a thread has run it's course.

Well your post will have lifted that to 50, never mind what mine has done.

:angel:

Distant dog - as you say it's an Internet forum and so even those who are holier then thou are allowed their opinion. I am just bored reading comments about Mount Taliban, that we have more supporters than Batley, hat Batley have a better team... Etc.... It's just the same comments repeated a hundred times. Some people might find that interesting, I dont

Distant dog - as you say it's an Internet forum and so even those who are holier then thou are allowed their opinion. I am just bored reading comments about Mount Taliban, that we have more supporters than Batley, hat Batley have a better team... Etc.... It's just the same comments repeated a hundred times. Some people might find that interesting, I dont

Couldn't agree more. The answer of course to both of our issues is not to read the offending threads!

Couldn't agree more. The answer of course to both of our issues is not to read the offending threads!

The thing is DD that this thread started as a normal thread and only became offensive when PM decided to post one of "comments."

Offensive? Annoying but not offensive. Anyhow it's not those comments that l find annoying. . It's the censors who l find annoying. Anyway, again, all the best for the rest of the season and the future

Whilst (from my HWD origins) I can understand the sometimes vitriolic rivalry between the opposing sides of the Bradford Road valley, the fact remains that the game itself needs as many teams as it can muster.  The more who play it now, the more likely candidates to fill the terraces in the future.

No point in being the best if there's no-one to compete against!  Thus I can muster no enthusiasm for the prospect of the demise of ANY club.