Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

l'angelo mysterioso

Jeremy Clarkson man of letters

15 posts in this topic

I think Top Gear is for  moronic petrol heads who were never weaned properly and have had chronic erectile disfunction since the age of 12

same goes for all three presenters

their failed school bully leader Jeremy Clarkson would definitely qualify for little tap should  ever find myself in his company, which is unlikely I know

his views on everything except capital punishment loathe.

But this isn't about any of that.

I think the guy is a fine journalist and the Sunday Times is worth buying for his motoring column alone(AA Gill is good as well), and I don't even like cars

here is an example

enjoy

http://www.driving.co.uk/clarkson/mazda/cx-5/the-clarkson-review-mazda-cx-5-2wd-se-l/11962

The Clarkson you see on TV is a caricature. 

Top Gear is was great fun, so long as you don't take it at all seriously.

His car reviews have always been a good read. Sometimes the bit about the actual car only occupies one paragraph. Infact I'm sure in one that I read the car only managed to occupy one sentence.  :no2:

He's like Liam Gallagher, a character whilst in the public eye.

All Clarkson books i've read have been great reads.

New series of Top Gear starts on Sunday night.

Awesome!!!  :yahoo:

I'm tempted to buy one of his books, but it's his writing about cars that I enjoy and I don't even like the bloody things

I'm tempted to buy one of his books, but it's his writing about cars that I enjoy and I don't even like the bloody things

You can buy compilations of his car reviews and his Sunday times column. There are several available of each.

You can buy compilations of his car reviews and his Sunday times column. There are several available of each.

I read 'em anyway

I like AA Gill as well his crass commets bout the blessed Clare notwithstanding.

I cannot abide Rod Liddle and his stuff in the Spectator is even worse.

The letters 1, 2, 3 and 11 seem somewhat apt.

Clarkson is an intelligent man who has made an absolute fortune acting the berk. When he puts his mind to it, he can write really well, though.

I read 'em anyway

I like AA Gill as well his crass commets bout the blessed Clare notwithstanding.

I cannot abide Rod Liddle and his stuff in the Spectator is even worse.

Liddle hasn't the brains to back up his bravado, his arguments are absurd and often deliberately offensive.  A A Gill is a professional ##### but there's clearly some brains there.  Clarkson I find infuriating precisely because he often is incredibly astute and very funny.

I have 2 of his compilation books and they are really good. 

My dad has a few of his books. They are fun for dipping into - good toilet library material.

Liddle hasn't the brains to back up his bravado, his arguments are absurd and often deliberately offensive.  A A Gill is a professional ##### but there's clearly some brains there.  Clarkson I find infuriating precisely because he often is incredibly astute and very funny.

Gill's riffs about Borough Market were pretty good yesterday.