Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brooza

Sky start showing Thursday night matches

34 posts in this topic

Surely it's much more simple than a conspiracy. Even Sky have limited outside broadcast resources and most of them will be committed to soccer at the start of the PL as they try to scupper BT's entry into the market.

RL is a valueless component in comparison.

The London v Leeds game has been moved to accomodate them showing Preston v Blackpool in the Carling Cup 1st Round on the Monday evening.

Don't expect much away support. A large group of mates booked the Monday/Tuesday off and a hotel for the night a while back and everyone's had to drop out. Think it'll be the same across the board now.

Then again, it is one of those things I suppose. Just a shame it's a London game and not a northern team.

Don't expect much away support. A large group of mates booked the Monday/Tuesday off and a hotel for the night a while back and everyone's had to drop out. Think it'll be the same across the board now.

Then again, it is one of those things I suppose. Just a shame it's a London game and not a northern team.

I'm more local but am unlikely to go to this now.

Surely it's much more simple than a conspiracy. Even Sky have limited outside broadcast resources and most of them will be committed to soccer at the start of the PL as they try to scupper BT's entry into the market.

Just to be clear, that is also a conspiracy.

But Telegenic, the OB facilities company which produces Super League coverage, only provide Premier League matches in 3D and those are not on Saturdays. NEP Vision produce Sky's regular Premier League matches.

Telegenic also used to produce Sky's live Aviva Premiership matches. So with BT Sport having awarded their exclusive coverage to Sunset+Vine, Telegenic will likely have more resources spare on a Saturday afternoon rather than fewer.

so sky go all out against prem sports on thursdays!

surely premsports have to change to a sat or a sunday, or maybe even a monday.

if they dont then they will lose one customer by the 1st of august.

no. its like showing corro an enders at the same time, its just stupid!

If only someone would invent a device that recorded tv, then we could whizz through the adverts!!!

I asked PS about this, they apparantly agreed it as a one (2) off

So... that worked out...

I think the idea that Sky are going to be bothered by Premier sports  [Who?] coverage is nonesensical, to be honest; 99.999% it has everything to do with the soccer coverage. We shouldn't forget that RL is just a filler for Sky [Monday night RL, anyone?] and soccer rules the roost.