Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Padge

Stones at Glastonbury

38 posts in this topic

I don't mind hearing a band play new stuff. :unsure:

But in the case of the Stones JD is probably right here.

Noooo!!! they were dirgy and awful and wtf has happened to Alex Turner?

The Strypes

What has happened to him? Has he stopped sounding like George Formby?

The Stones sounded tight but looked pretty grim, like they were gonna keel over at any minute......someone mentioned The Who, I went to see them at manchester in June, they were immense, sounded amazing and looked in pretty good nick still

The Stones sounded tight but looked pretty grim, like they were gonna keel over at any minute......someone mentioned The Who, I went to see them at manchester in June, they were immense, sounded amazing and looked in pretty good nick still

who give a flying fart what they look like

More an observation on their apparent health, presumably they're all roughly the same age (pushing 70ish?).....but that the Who were wearing it well comparitively.....

who give a flying fart what they look like

Chuffer! I thought the Stones still put on a decent show. It's still the only way to judge the true worth of a decent band, seeing them live! Some bands just have it, some bands just lack it! Post 12 has it right for me.

Well I was there and I can tell you it was absolutely fantastic, the atmosphere was electric.

I'm not a big stones fan but it was great, I've watched tge TV coverage and it really doesn't get across the energy from the crowd or the band. I've been to my fair share of Glastonburys and the stones set on Saturday was up there with one of my best 'Glasto' moments, although there has been many :-) still THE best festival in my eyes.

Are you comparing seeing the who 'live' to the stones on the TV or were you at Glastonbury?

Well I was there and I can tell you it was absolutely fantastic, the atmosphere was electric.

I'm not a big stones fan but it was great, I've watched tge TV coverage and it really doesn't get across the energy from the crowd or the band. I've been to my fair share of Glastonburys and the stones set on Saturday was up there with one of my best 'Glasto' moments, although there has been many :-) still THE best festival in my eyes.

Lucky ######. It's fashionable to slag off Glastonbury and its true you do have to have money to go, but it is a special festival.

And who goes to see a band like that to hear the new stuff anyway? In my experience, 'here's one from the new album' always sparks a surge for the bar or the toilets.

And, if that doesn't work, "now Keith's going to sing one of his songs" should do the trick. ;)

I like the Stones a lot but if i'd been at Glastonbury I'd have been at west holt watching a storming Public Enemy set. Now performing live with a band as well as a DJ they were immense and showed off a fabulous back ccatalogue AND the new stuff to great effect