Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PaulT

The Agecroft Thread

61 posts in this topic

The sauce will surely be red or brown??

Now what about the source? ;)

Agecroft will never happen, unless a passing oligarch or lottery winner takes over the club. May as well close this thread.

I just wish the powers that be would make it official!

Reminds me of that joke from the 1970s when strikes were commonplace. Two trades union shop stewards are on a bus one nice spring day. Looking out through the window one says "I see the daffodils are out". The other then says "Is it official or unofficial?"

:shout: 

From tonight's programme notes - " as far as the clubs future is concerned we are continuing discussions with Salford City Council, officers and councillors, in our attempts to take Swinton Lions back home. It is a task that is proving long and hard but we are still determined to realise that ambition and, with your support we believe it WILL happen. A new website is about to be launched and this, we hope, will provide a better vehicle for communication and interaction throughout the close season preparing for a 2014 campaign in the Championship."

So there you go, an update from the Chairman.

Without our support it definitely won't happen. So take your stance.

From tonight's programme notes - " as far as the clubs future is concerned we are continuing discussions with Salford City Council, officers and councillors, in our attempts to take Swinton Lions back home. It is a task that is proving long and hard but we are still determined to realise that ambition and, with your support we believe it WILL happen. A new website is about to be launched and this, we hope, will provide a better vehicle for communication and interaction throughout the close season preparing for a 2014 campaign in the Championship."

Mmmm! Interesting eh?

:tease:

its an update, but it doesn't provide any new information, how many years have we been hearing this for?

I'm sure we'd ALL like to know just when this 'facility' will be available to us fans. After all, it's now more than 21 years since the great loss of that hallowed piece of ground next to Swinton station which is now simply a memory - albeit a very happy one.

:rtfm:

gLENNGARYNow we are getting into rumour season, I thought I would start by posting one that I have just heard. The rumour is that Agecroft as fallen through and that the new chairman of Salford city wants us to join him at Moor lane. I heard that Salford council are in favour of this move and if the Lions were to move there would help the clubs develop the ground to championship standards. Can anyone carify this yes I heard this rumour some weeks back! Not sure what to make of it,possibly the best option if indeed Agecroft has fallen through.

Depending on the level of development that is offered/needed, would that be a good or bad idea compared with further seasons at LSV (only if the Agecroft build is definitely off)?

It must surely be cheaper for the club than LSV and is only a stones throw away from Agecroft.

Or, why dont the council buy that land for development and then build a new joint venture in, say, Agecroft, funded by the sale of the Barton Elefant Centre to Uncle Marwan?

If Agecroft has indeed fallen through it would be a huge disappointment after all these years.However there is no long term future playing at the LSV,the club desperately needs a permanent home and Moor Lane is as close to Swinton as possible.

...a huge disappointment after all these years...

...a permanent home and Moor Lane is as close to Swinton as possible.

'huge disappointment'? 

That folks, would be the understatement of the millennium.

'permanent home'

'Close' to S & P it may be, but S & P it most certainly is NOT. What the hell have

we all been (patiently) waiting for all these (21) years? If certain 'elements' are doing their utmost to fob us off by offering us a permanent home in Kersal, (Salford M7) instead of in OUR own area (M27), all I will say at this point, here and now, is that the very thought of it is more than enough to make my S & P blood boil – and that’s a FACT.

:bye:

Rumour it maybe but I can't believe anybody believes Agecroft will happen after all the shenanigans at Barton.

John Kidd must poke his nose into these posts now and again why does he not say what we already know about agecroft the silence is deafening come on man give us some answers

John Kidd must poke his nose into these posts now and again why does he not say what we already know about agecroft the silence is deafening come on man give us some answers

Swinton RLFC, are you reading these postings? If so, we need a statement from you on this most important of subjects, before you take your next breath (please).

:shout:

Just noticed this post on the Swinton Lions Family Page on Facebook regarding Agecroft....

John Barton" well i asked the Mayor about the new stadium on Friday he said to me they were having Problems with the Agecroft site"