Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PaulT

The Agecroft Thread

61 posts in this topic

Time to start a Moor Lane Thread.

Time to storm 'the Bastille'?

Time to finish the Moor Lane thread methinks. Salford City Football Club will continue to be the sole occupants for the forseeable future despite the Ammies Chairman - who is actually a woman - supposedly wanting Swinton RLFC 'to join us'! I can assure you that this 'alleged' statement could not be further from the truth. The football club have made substantial improvements to the the Moor Lane facilities throughout their tenure and particularly during the last close season and intend making more in the very near future. All this has been done through the unselfish efforts of a number of dedicated individuals with the good of Salford City Football Club in mind. Not a penny has been offered or received from the local authorities at any time, either past or present, which is in stark and direct contrast to our oval shaped ball playing neighbours. Being also a  Salford Red Devils season ticket holder - although the football takes preferance if there is a fixture clash - I bear no malice and wish Swinton RL well in their quest to find a home of their own : but it will certainly not be at Moor Lane. I can't for the life of me understand why you weren't given the opportunity of playing at the 'Barton Stadium' before Sale Sharks and Manchester United Under 21's joined the list of tenants.

Can't

Time to finish the Moor Lane thread methinks. Salford City Football Club will continue to be the sole occupants for the forseeable future despite the Ammies Chairman - who is actually a woman - supposedly wanting Swinton RLFC 'to join us'! I can assure you that this 'alleged' statement could not be further from the truth. The football club have made substantial improvements to the the Moor Lane facilities throughout their tenure and particularly during the last close season and intend making more in the very near future. All this has been done through the unselfish efforts of a number of dedicated individuals with the good of Salford City Football Club in mind. Not a penny has been offered or received from the local authorities at any time, either past or present, which is in stark and direct contrast to our oval shaped ball playing neighbours. Being also a  Salford Red Devils season ticket holder - although the football takes preferance if there is a fixture clash - I bear no malice and wish Swinton RL well in their quest to find a home of their own : but it will certainly not be at Moor Lane. I can't for the life of me understand why you weren't given the opportunity of playing at the 'Barton Stadium' before Sale Sharks and Manchester United Under 21's joined the list of tenants.

. Can't speak for any others but I certainly don't want to go to Moor Lane

Can't . Can't speak for any others but I certainly don't want to go to Moor Lane

There's only one place I want to support the Lions, and that is inside the boundaries of S & P (M27). But WILL it ever really happen? Every step 'forward' is followed by a step 'backward'. Kept in the dark on this, the most important of subjects, we stumble ever further in time from that awful time back in '92 when we were taken from our 'home sweet home' of Station Road.

One question bugs me, why do I often feel, at times like these, that the words 'organise', 'brewery' and ' "booze" up in a' seem to come to mind?

Could it be perhaps, that there needs to be a greater degree of 'will' on all the parties involved in the process?

:rtfm: 

I understood that the cost of hiring the CoSS from the stadium company was prohibitively expensive.

To be honest, I'd rather we played at Leigh than Irlam anyway. Until we get back into M27 though we can't hope to increase our fan-base.

It's sad to see that seven years on there seems to have been little, if any, progress with Agecroft (or a suitable alternative, for that matter). I hope the rumours that are hinted of are wrong and that there is a future in M27 on the horizon. A successful (as in sustainable, community-focused) Swinton will bring many benefits to the Borough and surrounding districts, and could be an asset.

Hope it works out.

John

Not had an answer yet to who owns Moor Lane.Perhaps the scarlet turkey season ticket will confirm.

Not had an answer yet to who owns Moor Lane.Perhaps the scarlet turkey season ticket will confirm.

Salford Council do and SCFC are the lease holders.

Of course i don't have the details of any discussions, but I'd hope Salford City FC would not dismiss the idea out of hand, esp if a ground share was to benefit both parties (which admittedly would require significant investment). That said I'm not sure it's a suitable move for Swinton anyway. Oh well, anyone still got Sedgley Park's number? Or Leigh for the foreseeable? Can't see us going to Barton. We're probably an insignificant fly in Mr Koukash's ointment.