Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ELBOWSEYE

roy asatosi Wire target

41 posts in this topic

Rumours rife about the South Sidney prop coming over next season.

Been linked with Bradford too. Out of the two I think he'll sign for

Salford.

31. But will be 32 by the start of next season. A bit younger than I originally thought.

Signing will be comfirmed tomorrow and with Morley and Carvel on the way out he is one good replacement, he starts for Souths but with the Burgess clan getting control his cards were marked.

One old man out, one old man in.

(that's what she said)

Signing will be comfirmed tomorrow and with Morley and Carvel on the way out he is one good replacement, he starts for Souths but with the Burgess clan getting control his cards were marked.

Hey! Don't steal our Dale Ferguson thunder. Plenty of other empty days to announce it. Feck off y'bleeders!

:dry:

Past it, injuries taken the toll. If you look at his stats in the NRL each week he really is not doing massive minutes and when he is on he does not make the yards like he did. Rather pick up a youngish kid from the championship.

Past it, injuries taken the toll. If you look at his stats in the NRL each week he really is not doing massive minutes and when he is on he does not make the yards like he did. Rather pick up a youngish kid from the championship.

They're doing both aren't they? Anthony England.

They're doing both aren't they? Anthony England.

Yes, both are coming, plus a certain young hooker from Cas apparently.

We never confirm signings on a Tuesday.

32 isn't that old and Asotasi is still a very good player. He's not the prop he was in his mid 20s but would still be one of the top forwards over here if he stayed fit.

I too looked up his stats when I heard the rumour at the weekend.

Not very impressive, and nor was his performance against Canberra.

As ever though, I suppose Tony Smith and friends know a tiny bit (!) more than me.

Well he's bound to be washed up and just coming over for a rest....... I ask this question, who was the last player Warrington signed from the NRL who came over for a holiday??

Anyway ...... Warrington have let a 32 and 37 year old go and bring in a 32 year old and reduced the wage bill.

Remember ALL clubs need to work within the salary cap, 135k was the contract of a player who's leaving the wires.

I hope Roy goes well, he's currently playing in the best team in the NRL and I'm pretty sure MM uses him as his starting prop so he can't be that bad, maybe just had a few games hence some negative response on this topic page.

Why, are they 24 hours ahead rather than 12 now? ;-)

No, they're stuck on last Wednesday.

The Origin game finished, get over it.

Good swaps all round. Souths have half of Bradford in their front row; Wire get a bigger name with experience at the top level; Salford get their leader that they so desperately require and Bradford pick up some real go forward in Carvell (and now Ferguson).

Right - who fancies a hug?

Haven't Wire got any props coming through the juniors?

If a good player leaves, it doesn't mean that you have to go and get another one from outside to replace him.

Ben Evans out on loan with Bradford

Glen Riley - linked to the New Zealand Warriors

Mike Cooper - Off to the NRL

every club needs an experienced pack leader, and asotasi will do just that for wire, my old friend league freak has told me that it's a nail on move.

Get Ben Evans back, and use some of the Asotasi money to convince Riley to stay.

No, release Ben Evans, he's terrible.

:unsure:

Is Ben Westwood leaving as well?

Westwood is contracted for another year.... I hope he has another season with us.

Get Ben Evans back, and use some of the Asotasi money to convince Riley to stay.

I'm looking forward to the return of Evans, Riley has had his head turned and I agree we should offer him more to get him to stay.

Salary cap is in place and Warrington are balancing the books.

Is Ben Westwood leaving as well?

i always think the best pack leaders are the props, traditionally the likes of frank collier (late in his career) cliff watson, brian mctigue, jamie peacock etal have been the best there have been....somehow a back rower doesn't have the same impact.