Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
League Express

GB Students return from tense Moroccan tour

15 posts in this topic

The Great Britain Student Rugby League Pioneers have returned from an eventful trip to Morocco, where their playing schedule was interrupted by a combination of rugby union intrusion and unavailable facilities.

“The Moroccans made us feel really welcome and they have a real desire to play rugby league,” said tour manager Steve Curtis. “We played against four of their club sides who were spread out across the country, showing the reach of their domestic game. They have players who are willing to learn as well as some very competent young talents.”

Click here to view the article

The RU lot don't give up easily do they? Well, neither does RL!

The RU lot don't give up easily do they? Well, neither does RL!

Hear hear!

Unbelievable. I think the first intrnational games were played in 93/94 and almost 20 years on they've got this unfounded prejudice to deal with.

I'm never shocked at how ingrained the dislike, distrust and underlying hatred of some within union is towards our game when the surface is scratched.

I really hope this is not going to be tolerated and will be challenged by the RL. Thought this rubbish stopped years ago

This is where a strong RLIF should be getting involved...

This is where a strong RLIF should be getting involved...

The strongest Rugby League club competition is played in a country where they would sooner watch a game between 2 states rather than watch their country play the 2nd and third strongest Rugby League countries. There lies the problem.

The strongest Rugby League club competition is played in a country where they would sooner watch a game between 2 states rather than watch their country play the 2nd and third strongest Rugby League countries. There lies the problem.

Agreed. With the NRL and to a lesser extent the RFL calling the shots, International Rugby League suffers without having a worldwide organisation body in sole charge.

Unbelievable. I think the first intrnational games were played in 93/94 and almost 20 years on they've got this unfounded prejudice to deal with.

I'm never shocked at how ingrained the dislike, distrust and underlying hatred of some within union is towards our game when the surface is scratched.

I'm not shocked, on the field our product is far superior.

I believe the IRB have sent a letter out to some of their members instructing them not to discriminate against RL. Make of that what you will.

I believe the IRB have sent a letter out to some of their members instructing them not to discriminate against RL. Make of that what you will.

Where is the source of this revelation ?

So it may well me some jumped up busybody and an isolated incident rather than a co-ordinated plan. I certainly hope so.

I think there is a bit more to it than that.

Edited by AndyCapp

Where is the source of this revelation ?

Tweet by Steve Mascord who says people can quote him on that.