Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lingard

Restructure

27 posts in this topic

.....When are we due to find out the latest format that our game is to take. 

Thought it was some time in July.  Still 3 options?

Final decision not necessarily taken then. In fact, probably not, because there are more meetings in August at which we'll no doubt be discussing Options P, Q and R.

Discussed on BootsnAll. Further discussions. Slight favouring of the 2 leagues then eights. No decision yet.

One option not included is going back to one league. I have commented on it under 'Wakefield'. It is an option well worth considering in my view.

One option not included is going back to one league. I have commented on it under 'Wakefield'. It is an option well worth considering in my view.

Why's that ?

In this last weeks matches only Fev and Sheffield got over 1000 speccies. We would have 28 clubs. At least with all Yorkshire clubs playing each other they would get more from playing the big boys. No more struggling to get into SL and looking for licences. There could be a top 8 play off. A fair distribution of funds and almost everybody better off. At the moment clubs are going nowhere and are without hope of progress. The Championship 1 clubs could be promoted on a two up and a two down basis.

In addition to playing all Yorkshire teams, clubs would play 4 Lancashire cluds, who they play being based on their league position i.e. The top club in Yorkshire plays the top club in Lancashire and so on down the league until 4 teams are matched. Same arrangement for the Lancashire clubs. Cumberland and the French team to be slotted in.

In this last weeks matches only Fev and Sheffield got over 1000 speccies. We would have 28 clubs. At least with all Yorkshire clubs playing each other they would get more from playing the big boys. No more struggling to get into SL and looking for licences. There could be a top 8 play off. A fair distribution of funds and almost everybody better off. At the moment clubs are going nowhere and are without hope of progress. The Championship 1 clubs could be promoted on a two up and a two down basis.

In addition to playing all Yorkshire teams, clubs would play 4 Lancashire cluds, who they play being based on their league position i.e. The top club in Yorkshire plays the top club in Lancashire and so on down the league until 4 teams are matched. Same arrangement for the Lancashire clubs. Cumberland and the French team to be slotted in.

Nice in theory - but wasn't that the system we had when Rugby League was on its uppers in the late Fallowfield era ?

Good point Griff. But then it was the amount of investment from outside. Clubs were still poor as they are today. We surived by selling players before the the rules were changed. I think with better outside investment the one league would work. I mean we beat every so called top teams in the league under that system and with proper distribution of funds we could do it again. But I do take the point your making. A lot depends on the funding of clubs.

Posted · Hidden by Maureen T-k, July 14, 2013 - No reason given

Good point Griff. But then it was the amount of investment from outside. Clubs were still poor as they are today. We surived by selling players before the the rules were changed. I think with better outside investment the one league would work. I mean we beat every so called top teams in the league under that system and with proper distribution of funds we could do it again. But I do take the point your making. A lot depends on the funding of clubs.

Good point Griff. But then it was the amount of investment from outside. Clubs were still poor as they are today. We survived by selling players before the the rules were changed. I think with better outside investment the one league would work. I mean we beat every so called top teams in the league under that system and with proper distribution of funds we could do it again. But I do take the point your making. A lot depends on the funding of clubs.

Good point Griff. But then it was the amount of investment from outside. Clubs were still poor as they are today. We survived by selling players before the the rules were changed. I think with better outside investment the one league would work. I mean we beat every so called top teams in the league under that system and with proper distribution of funds we could do it again. But I do take the point your making. A lot depends on the funding of clubs.

Posted · Hidden by Maureen T-k, July 14, 2013 - All five posts identical

Was it the championship meeting today at Dewsbury on the new structure

Interesting that London made a statement on the restructure yesterday. Something like 'whatever happens with the restructure, when deciding on the top 12 facilities must be a major consideration'.

Made me laugh! When we weny down there for the cup game, yes HARLEQUINS do have a very good stadium, but, without us Fev fans that day the atmosphere would have been flat.

Yes, you need a 21st century set up with finances, stadium etc, etc...let's hope somewhere in the mix performance on the pitch is included!!!

No think its been a meeting in london today

At yesterday's @RLChampionships club meeting, the clubs indicated an overwhelming support for the proposed 2x12 into 3x8 league structure

No think its been a meeting in london today

championship meeting was at Dewsbury mate...the meeting in London was MC/CP/FAISAL

championship meeting was at Dewsbury mate...the meeting in London was MC/CP/FAISAL

Do we know who attended from Fev at Dewsbury

What happened in London then?  Any news??

What happened in London then?  Any news??

Oh yes tremendous news, go on Featherstone official website it will be on there, or for those with Facebook it's on there