Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyfuzzyduck

Warrington Wolves Documentary

19 posts in this topic

We've recently produced a documentary for Warrington Wolves, which runs alongside a timeline which is up in the South Stand at the Halliwell Jones.

We interviewed many players and fans, including Paul Cullen, Ray French and Alec Murphy. You can see the full documentaries and teasers here:

Let us know what you think and share around!

I'll watch this tonight Andy. The timeline is a tremendous piece of work.

Brilliant stuff Andy! Really did show exactly the kind of club and legacy that Warrington as a club and a town has. As one poster has put already, I had goosebumps throughout.

I'd love for Sky or the BBC to pick this up for broadcast ahead of the Challenge Cu or something Wire related.

Fantastic viewing, thank you so much for this.

Absolutely brilliant - brought back some fantastic memories (although some before my time!). Wonderfully presented and put together. Have forwarded the link to a number of people who I'm sure will be just as impressed.

Thank you!

Brilliant.made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

(new here so hi all)

Brilliant, loved watching that.

Thank you, really enjoyable and great to see Brian Chambers looking so well, he had grips of me 27 years ago.... Brian, Norman Harris and Dave Prince I'll never forget those people for good times as a little kid starting out playing rugby.

Absolutely fantastic. My dad told me about Laurie Gilfedder - I loved how his wife minimised his hardship at having to go into work on the morning of a match.

I don't know whether it's because I'm losing my connections with the town, my mum died earlier this year and I'm not sure how often I'll visit in the future, but my affection for the place is increasing. I felt very emotional watching the Shane Meadows film about the Stone Roses and watching this magnified those feelings.

Just watched both parts. Brilliant stuff. Well done.

Just thinking back to it, the story about the overseas player (name escapes me) who was found in Boots the pharmacy by Mike Wainwright looking for studs really cracked me up! Great story

Brilliant.made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

(new here so hi all)

Welcome to the forum. I haven't had a chance to watch this yet but even as a fan of another team it still looks like good viewing. Any documentary about RL is good to me so I'm looking forward to seeing this after so many positive reviews.

Fantastic viewing and I think any rugby league fan of any club would thoroughly enjoy it.

Thank you. That was excellent. It captured perfectly the kind of memories I have of growing up in Castleford in the 70's. it was tough yet there was always humour.

Rugby brought hope, pride and purpose to the town in those days as it appears to have in Warrington.

Well done. Great piece of work.

Watched it last night. Excellent stuff, and I'm not a Warrington supporter. Similar-quality films about other teams would be a wonderful thing. There are great players and characters of the past who should be celebrated and have their thoughts and memories captured for posterity before it's too late.