Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

05/07/13 - Warrington Wolves v Leeds Rhinos - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

157 posts in this topic

Leeds should be ashamed with how they've played tonight. That last set was amateur to let Warrington drive down 100 m.

This was possibly the worst Warrington performance I have seen in a few years. Leeds blew it, fair and simple.

That's got to be a trolling post surely

Should have been voluntary tackle on the last play, and Leeds penalty. Warrington player threw himself onto the floor and just lay there.

Didn't Cummings say something the other week about that being removed and surrender used instead?

EDIT: It's still in the laws

Both Warrington and Wigan scrape wins despite playing badly. That's the worst I have seen the Wolves play for ages and yet we get the two points. Leeds deserved something for their speedy defence on the first two drop goal attempts.

That doesn't bother me. I'm annoyed at how Leeds played tonight. They were average from start to finish. Warrington were worse but managed to win. All in all, it wasn't a very good game of RL.

The 2nd half got better, tbf..... less errors than the 1st half and an exciting finish to the game

That doesn't bother me. I'm annoyed at how Leeds played tonight. They were average from start to finish. Warrington were worse but managed to win. All in all, it wasn't a very good game of RL.

You sir, are a misery.

That's got to be a trolling post surely

What? I never troll.

Anyone who can kid themselves that it was a good game of Rugby League and that Leeds did all they could is really not looking at this game properly.

To let a team march up field from a set start like that is awful play. I don't care how many we had out. We had 13 on the field. They can all tackle. Wire shouldn't have got over the halfway line.

You sir, are a misery.

Why, because I'm not a one eyed Leeds fan?

I thought it was entertaining. Briers always seems to find a way. It's a weird time of the season with the Cup looming large. On the one hand Wire have won tonight and a couple of weeks ago but Leeds ought to go away hugely encouraged that they'd beat them with a full side out.

Good of them to give us Wigan's winning try as a treat.

What? I never troll.

Anyone who can kid themselves that it was a good game of Rugby League and that Leeds did all they could is really not looking at this game properly.

To let a team march up field from a set start like that is awful play. I don't care how many we had out. We had 13 on the field. They can all tackle. Wire shouldn't have got over the halfway line.

Good is subjective, I enjoyed it so it was good to me, not a technically brilliant game but an entertaining one.

You are criticising a team that was short on troops had done most of the defence during the game.

You carry on looking for all the negatives if that's what floats your boat.

Happy with the win, but the quality was very poor.

Wire's handling was appalling, we missed Myler and Monaghan massively.

Those calling Westwood apenalty machine - how many did he give? Also he was very prepared to rough it up with the Aussies at Wemvley 2 years back.

on the plus side....in his extra time interview Tony Smith is actually looking at Eddie Hemmings now and again...

Those calling Westwood apenalty machine - how many did he give? Also he was very prepared to rough it up with the Aussies at Wemvley 2 years back.

Agreed. Thought he got away with one in the very first tackle...but also copped a couple of high shots himself, not to mention a couple of grapple tackles. But i thought he was superb in driving the ball in and winning the collision (cliche alert)

According to Phil Clarke, he thinks Leeds got the moral victory there by coming close.  I'm sure that'll be great consolation...

This is one of the worst games of Rugby League I've seen in many a season

Bit scruffy but it was a better game than both of last weekend's on Sky.

According to Phil Clarke, he thinks Leeds got the moral victory there by coming close.  I'm sure that'll be great consolation...

Tonight's gospel according to Phil:

When Leeds are on the backfoot and win = sign of champs

Warrington win on the backfoot = defeated in moral victory

To me, I can't enjoy a game as poor as tonight's was. Entertainment isn't watching as many errors as we saw and slack defence that allows a team to drive up field and score a drop goal from a set start.

To me, I can't enjoy a game as poor as tonight's was. Entertainment isn't watching as many errors as we saw and slack defence that allows a team to drive up field and score a drop goal from a set start.

or perhaps they were simply knackered.

or perhaps they were simply knackered.

They thought their job was done by kicking dead. They switched off at a vital time and it cost them. In the set previously the line was still moving up quick. In that last set they let Warrington come at them and suffered the consequences.

The marker defence was also poor all night and defensively up the middle they looked weak. Had Wire been able to complete their sets it would have been an easy win. As it turned out though they couldn't and it made Leeds' defence look better than it actually was.

I thought the match was high speed but low quality.  Entertaining nonetheless albeit a bit frustrating in the first half with all the knock ons.  I was surprised at how poor Wire's handling was although I do know they can have their moments. 

In truth though Wire won because Hardaker can't kick goals for toffee.  I was surprised after his second miss that Burrow wasn't given kicking duties instead.

I thought Leeds deserved a draw as they scored more tries and they had the better attack. A Wire win wasn't an injustice though. It was entertaining stuff.

The Giants ought to be pretty confident about next week on that basis.

I thought the match was high speed but low quality. Entertaining nonetheless albeit a bit frustrating in the first half with all the knock ons. I was surprised at how poor Wire's handling was although I do know they can have their moments.

In truth though Wire won because Hardaker can't kick goals for toffee. I was surprised after his second miss that Burrow wasn't given kicking duties instead.

He's been kicking at about 70% before tonight.

I don't blame Hardaker, I blame the team switching off at the most vital time, thinking they had the draw in the bag.

Shocking handling at times by Wire, not helped by passes thrown a foot off the mark. Still, a wins a win.

Thought we had the measure of Leeds up front but just couldn't break them down. Their defence was excellent at times, as was ours in fairness.

Hall is outstanding, Watkins too.

To win without Myler, Harrison, Monaghan showed real class. Especially after losing Atkins so early, and having to replace him with a patently match unfit Bridge

I would rather have tense games than last weeks game against Bulls, we picked their pockets tonight and found a way to win. his has set up next week nicely with Myler and M Monaghan back it should be another cracker.