Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

05/07/13 - Warrington Wolves v Leeds Rhinos - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

157 posts in this topic

Will Hodgson make the team when Warrington are at full strength ?

i think he is becoming a weak link, when Myler is back it could mean Ratchford to fullback.

I thought Leeds deserved a draw as they scored more tries and they had the better attack. A Wire win wasn't an injustice though. It was entertaining stuff.

The Giants ought to be pretty confident about next week on that basis.

whilst they did score more tries, its a strange one as they got two interceptiins (1 excellent one).

The quality of attack on show from both teams was poor mainly due to high error count stopping momentum being built.

Well, I enjoyed it. I thought Leeds played well and deserved at least a point. Still thought it was encouraging for us that we kept going after fluffing some good chances and snatched it.

Sorry. Should've mentioned it was ###### because a Widnes fan and a Hudds fan thought so.

Glad of the win, not the best game, but great for the neutrals , fantastic atmosphere AGAIN

Handling mistakes are beginning to worry me, but a win is a win.

Great effort by Leeds, I'm surprised they let us down the pitch so easily to obtain field position for the DG.

Looking forward to Huddersfield next Sunday

Sorry. Should've mentioned it was ###### because a Widnes fan and a Hudds fan thought so.

Careful now..........the use of profanity-implying symbols is likely to cause offence 

Ridiculous amount of handling errors considering it was so dry, quite unfathomable. I would imagine Leeds feel quite hard done too.

Ridiculous amount of handling errors considering it was so dry, quite unfathomable. I would imagine Leeds feel quite hard done too.

how come?

They were gifted two tries and having just watched the last 15 we completely dominated the back end of the game.

how come?

They were gifted two tries and having just watched the last 15 we completely dominated the back end of the game.

Halls try was hardly gifted to him.

how come?

Can't dispute the two tries. But weight of possession and opportunities certainly should have favoured them, I was more than happy to go in at half time at 6-8. I actually think Leeds were a little responsible for their own shortcomings, as it became increasingly obvious the game plan in the second half was to get Watkins on-on-one with Grix. Once Warrington got a grip of that, and the ball, things seemed to move towards Warrington in respect of of field position.

Halls try was hardly gifted to him.

yes that was harshly described but there is always an element of a bad pass when an intercept is on.

Can't dispute the two tries. But weight of possession and opportunities certainly should have favoured them, I was more than happy to go in at half time at 6-8. I actually think Leeds were a little responsible for their own shortcomings, as it became increasingly obvious the game plan in the second half was to get Watkins on-on-one with Grix. Once Warrington got a grip of that, and the ball, things seemed to move towards Warrington in respect of of field position.

i think suggesting Leeds were hard done to suggests something untoward happened. I was at the game live and have only watched the last 15 again on tv but in that period they were making 30m per set and finishing in their half whereas we were making 50m per set and finishing in tgeir half.

We got three dg attempts they got none.

Their attack was pretty dire when we gifted them the ball over and over.

Our forwards in the last 15 were brilliant.

Fair point bitofaboogie. Wire were poor but Thaler is the worst ref in the league for allowing Leeds nonesense at the PTB.

im a fan of refs keeping out of the game where they can, but not at the expense of negating any benefit a team gets from getting on a roll.

You cant ignore blatant interference when a team is struggling to control the ruck, it is rewarding negative play and Thaler does have a habit of being stubborn and just saying get on with it.

im a fan of refs keeping out of the game where they can, but not at the expense of negating any benefit a team gets from getting on a roll.

You cant ignore blatant interference when a team is struggling to control the ruck, it is rewarding negative play and Thaler does have a habit of being stubborn and just saying get on with it.

Sorry to maintain the ref bashing, but that is one thing Thaler needs to improve on, drastically. You know the PTB is going to messy and slow with him officiating.

yes that was harshly described but there is always an element of a bad pass when an intercept is on.

Of course but I would say highams try was more gifted to him than halls. The defence for highams try was shocking.

Sorry to maintain the ref bashing, but that is one thing Thaler needs to improve on, drastically. You know the PTB is going to messy and slow with him officiating.

If you know the PTB is going to be messy, then so must the players. Surely it's up to them to change things.

i think suggesting Leeds were hard done to suggests something untoward happened. I was at the game live and have only watched the last 15 again on tv but in that period they were making 30m per set and finishing in their half whereas we were making 50m per set and finishing in tgeir half.

We got three dg attempts they got none.

Their attack was pretty dire when we gifted them the ball over and over.

Our forwards in the last 15 were brilliant.

Leeds weren't hard done to. They had an opposition that couldn't catch/keep hold of the damn ball, yet couldn't capitalise and they had a goal kicker who couldn't kick.

Leeds are on the verge of another dynasty.or I should say continuity.The future is Leeds

On a second viewing, Westwood was outstanding, as was Morley in his spells. Our handling was miles away from being as crisp as it ought to be, but that shows how important Myler is to us these days.

Only an individual error was going to see us lose that game in the last 20 minutes, and Leeds' resistence in defence was very admirable.

Given that Warrington were supposed to win with "contemptuous ease","It'll be all by half time" etc,etc,Leeds young lads played exceptionally well.A draw would have been a fair result but it's a given that Briers was going to put a drop goal over.Well done Warrington.

Moderating note:  Rules of the forum on posting about referees

You can call the referee any variation of incompetent, rubbish or abysmal on the condition that you NEVER insinuate dishonesty or get into abusing the referee.  A breach of that rule gets an absolute minimum of a 7 day suspension from the forum and, depending on our opinion of your past conduct, may get an instant, no warning, permanent ban.

I've deleted 7 dross posts from the last two pages, I'm now going to re-read the rest of the thread...

Given that Warrington were supposed to win with "contemptuous ease","It'll be all by half time" etc,etc,Leeds young lads played exceptionally well.A draw would have been a fair result but it's a given that Briers was going to put a drop goal over.Well done Warrington.

Where are those quotes from?

I think all of the Warrington fans have paid credit to how Leeds stuck in. I could have lived with a draw.

Warrington to win with contemptuous ease

Where are those quotes from?

I think all of the Warrington fans have paid credit to how Leeds stuck in. I could have lived with a draw.

Your question is answered.Agreed,Warrington fans have paid credit to Leeds.

According to Phil Clarke, he thinks Leeds got the moral victory there by coming close.  I'm sure that'll be great consolation...

As a Leeds man I am no fan of Clarke as a pundit.The feeling is with us is relief that we are getting through this injury "crisis" like we are