Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

05/07/13 - Warrington Wolves v Leeds Rhinos - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

157 posts in this topic

If you know the PTB is going to be messy, then so must the players. Surely it's up to them to change things.

That's the point if players know they can get away with messing about at the PTB with certain refs then they will to slow it down. Now if players are penalised by refs and still don't stop messing about I would agree that's the players fault and not the refs.

They thought their job was done by kicking dead. They switched off at a vital time and it cost them. In the set previously the line was still moving up quick. In that last set they let Warrington come at them and suffered the consequences.

The marker defence was also poor all night and defensively up the middle they looked weak. Had Wire been able to complete their sets it would have been an easy win. As it turned out though they couldn't and it made Leeds' defence look better than it actually was.

One thing to consider is that in the previous two sets they had had to work hard and also had to have all their forwards sprinting up to prevent two drop goals.

They were knackered, out on their feet. In the last 10 minutes we were making solid yards every set, the likes of Hill had a great finish to the game - I think it is too simplistic to suggest they switched off.

One thing to consider is that in the previous two sets they had had to work hard and also had to have all their forwards sprinting up to prevent two drop goals.

They were knackered, out on their feet. In the last 10 minutes we were making solid yards every set, the likes of Hill had a great finish to the game - I think it is too simplistic to suggest they switched off.

Leeds played the majority of the game with two substitutes,hardly surprising they were out on their feet.

If you know the PTB is going to be messy, then so must the players. Surely it's up to them to change things.

It suits the players for it to be messy. It slows the opposition down. It is the refs job to police this.

Leeds played the majority of the game with two substitutes,hardly surprising they were out on their feet.

Yup - I'm just surprised Harrigan is simply putting it down to attitude, suggesting they switched off. They were buggered!

Yup - I'm just surprised Harrigan is simply putting it down to attitude, suggesting they switched off. They were buggered!

It certainly wasn't attitude.

On a second viewing, Westwood was outstanding,

There was a point in the game where he was involved in each tackle of a set of 6. He's coming good after a solid but unspectacular start to the season.

Can see him switching to prop next season.