Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

07/07/13 - Hull FC v Huddersfield Giants - KO 3pm

Who will win?   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Huddersfield Giants
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

107 posts in this topic

Bit disappointed in this post, I thought you'd turned the corner.

What Ullman was clearly saying was that, on the evidence of Sunday's game, ie a current form indicator, he'd have no worries about facing Huddersfield again in the cup, if we're fortunate enough to win through to the semi finals after playing Catalans on Saturday in the quarters.

Which, by the way, in your own terms you won't be involved in as YOU LOST in the last round.

Sorry about that but I really do think that Huddersfield current form of 7/8 gives them the edge over Hull's 0/4.

I also think that Hull at home are far better than Hull away.

I do realise that Hull can match anyone on their day but so can Castleford. Cas outplayed Wigan last week but I don't hear their fans saying they don't fear Wigan in any competition.

IMO if you don't fear Huddersfield in any competition then you are seriously underestimating them and with respect yet again over egging your own pudding.

I did not and will not make any boasts at all about Rovers because at 6th place and 4 points ahead of you despite Gansongate I think that it is self evident that we have so far exceeded expectations. We have a tough run in and if we make the 8 (I think we will) then we've done well.

Good luck next week in France.

Sorry about that but I really do think that Huddersfield current form of 7/8 gives them the edge over Hull's 0/4.

I also think that Hull at home are far better than Hull away.

I do realise that Hull can match anyone on their day but so can Castleford. Cas outplayed Wigan last week but I don't hear their fans saying they don't fear Wigan in any competition.

IMO if you don't fear Huddersfield in any competition then you are seriously underestimating them and with respect yet again over egging your own pudding.

I did not and will not make any boasts at all about Rovers because at 6th place and 4 points ahead of you despite Gansongate I think that it is self evident that we have so far exceeded expectations. We have a tough run in and if we make the 8 (I think we will) then we've done well.

Good luck next week in France.

A reasonable reply and thanks for the good luck.

We'll need it.

After watching the tries on Sky Sports Hull can feel very lucky they scored any points at all

Two from huge forward passes and one from a dangerous tackle...

Looks like all the CC quarter finalists were thinking about next week though

To an extent, according to us mere fans on here.

Why not wait for Adam Pearson to call for an RFL investigation or Peter Gentle to call it a tragedy before you cast your line on here.

(Bite admitted.)

lol Adam will be calling for an investigation, into how he is paying all this money out and getting back what he gets back! :biggrin:

Bit disappointed in this post, I thought you'd turned the corner.

What Ullman was clearly saying was that, on the evidence of Sunday's game, ie a current form indicator, he'd have no worries about facing Huddersfield again in the cup, if we're fortunate enough to win through to the semi finals after playing Catalans on Saturday in the quarters.

Which, by the way, in your own terms you won't be involved in as YOU LOST in the last round.

Precisely

I don't need anybody's help to read a league table.

No I didn't.

I just looked at the league table after 21 games and compared Hull to Huddersfield. It's more reliable than a single game which by the way....YOU LOST.

What you don't understand is that Huddersfield are competing at the top end having to maintain standards every single week. Teams like Hull can lose to Wakefield, Castleford, take a thrashing at Catalans and then build themselves up for the occasional decent display when a top team comes to town. And in this case lose anyway.

The league table doesn't lie..you're 8th and falling and Wakefield are closing in.

I fully understand that Huddersfield are a good team who have had a very good season so far.

I also understand that both competitions are ultimately decided by knock-out football against the best teams. I saw plenty in my team's performance to offer encouragement for what lies ahead. 

After watching full time today none of Hull FC's tried should of counted. Two blatant forward passes in the build up for Greens and Yeamans tries and it should off been a penalty for the tackle by Ellis IMO. Obviously I didn't watch the full game, but it doesn't appear FC have been done that harshly to.

Agree about the forward passes.

That was just a small but representative sample of the standards set by Bentham and his team of officials yesterday.

All three to go out?

They can't all go out at once, though. How about in the event that 2 clubs exit at the same stage, the one higher up the league table will remain higher up?

Having seen the challenge by Ellis on Robinson on SL Fulltime,it certainly wasn't a shoulder charge.

Having seen the challenge by Ellis on Robinson on SL Fulltime,it certainly wasn't a shoulder charge.

Well, he's copped a ban.

I'm guessing of course but he's being charged with grade b so I think I'll be right.

They can't all go out at once, though. How about in the event that 2 clubs exit at the same stage, the one higher up the league table will remain higher up?

I know.

The RFL disciplinary agree with you. The charge is 'striking'. Apparently you can strike an opponent with your chest.

Who knows

Ellis copped Robinson on the back of Robbos head with his shoulder

It's pretty obvious without black and white specs on

How are those black and white specs TWIG?

Who said it was a shoulder charge?

It was a dangerous tackle but not a shoulder charge

How are those black and white specs TWIG?

The world seems very Zebra like!

"Crossing!"

I noticed that sensible chap Jamie Peacock was wearing them on last night's Super League Show too.

Who said it was a shoulder charge?

It was a dangerous tackle but not a shoulder charge

Paul Anderson

Gareth Eliis's spirits are lifted when a mysterious female arrives to take her place on the RFL's disciplinary panel for tonight's hearing....

NMD0HM6_mx.jpg

It wasn't a shoulder charge at all. Paul Anderson has embarrassed himself in that post-match interview. Just one of them unfortunate collisions. Robinson stepped as Ellis went in and was a hard hit with the chest.

Those highlights on SLFT and the resulting comments were extremely biased. No showing of the Crabtree shoulder charge 5 minutes later. Or the put in touch after the tackle was complete (happened twice with two different decisions!). Some extremely dubious decisions both ways in that game and I came away from that game feeling frustrated that the game had been spoilt by the man in the middle's performance.

And just to be clear, that isn't me blaming the ref for the loss. It's the same reason we lost last week and the week before - our composure in the opponents 10m is shocking and our record for conceding in the last 10 minutes must be the worst in SL over the last two seasons.

Given Anderson's remarks regarding the match officials, I wouldn't be surprised if the RFL reacquaint him with their 'RESPECT' campaign.