Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

07/07/13 - Hull FC v Huddersfield Giants - KO 3pm

Who will win?   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Huddersfield Giants
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

107 posts in this topic

Not sure with the biff.

Looked like Grix felt particularly aggrieved after Robinson possibly lost the ball on halfway when Yeaman took possession and set up the position from where Hull scored.

Grix flew in as Hull were celebrating but I'm not sure who he was directing his anger at.

There were at least four instances where Hudds looked to have knocked on, but Bentham allowed play to continue. The one in the first half particularly when Brough looked like he was gonna slam the ball down in frustration, only for him to see Bentham waving play on.

I'm no ref basher, but today I thought Hull had every right to feel aggrieved.

Oh well, there's always the cup next week and we're clearly gonna win that 'cos that's what we've been saving ourselves for...

Isn't it?

I reckon your alright with that post on the Mods Ref Bashing " O " Meter you would score at least a 4.

Much improved performance from Hull and a much better game than Monday's. I thought it was the ideal preparation for the cup game, very physical in intense heat. In the end we were only a fluffed drop goal attempt and the intervention of our favourite touch judge away from winning the game.

I'd like to see some of those decisions again but on first sight I thought Bentham and his officials made numerous errors today.

Story from the other camp is a dangerous and illegal shoulder from Ellis on Robinson lead to the turnover so maybe hull got away with that one?

Story from the other camp is a dangerous and illegal shoulder from Ellis on Robinson lead to the turnover so maybe hull got away with that one?

Lets face we are both going to disagree but did you miss the charge by Crabtree.

Well I wast there

But I'm sure it was perfectly fair and above board ;)

Some really dodgy decisions throughout that game. Real inconsistency all round.

Any idea what went on with the biff? Hull scored and then there was a huge run in!

From the try that was scored when Robbo was pole axed, Miller shoved Brett Ferres and was goading him over something so Ferres went after him and smacked him  and then it went off !.

Thought the officials were, lets say, not at their best today - and thats being kind !!. Absolutely no policing of the holding down rule at all,knock ons by both teams let go, markers not square on both teams. 

As for the game, we werent at our best by a long way and i actually said we would need some luck of some kind to win it for us and we got it in the end with the Mcdonnell offside and our last try been given play-on. But if we keep picking the wins up i wont complain.

So basically if it hadn't been for the biased ref, Hulls favorite touch judge, endless knock-on from Brough and a fluffed drop goal, Hull would have won, sounds familiar.

the intervention of our favourite touch judge away from winning the game.

Good old Tony certainly seems to enjoy being rooted to the spot on the touchline everytime Hull FC score what appears to be a match winning try.

He did it at the Galpharm earlier on this season and managed it again today at the KC.

You don't often see touchies making their mark on games but Tony sure enjoys the limelight when it comes to Hull's games with the Giants.

Here he is in hero mode during a Saints v Wigan clash...

TonyMartinwithidiotsaintsfanonpitch.jpg

So basically if it hadn't been for the biased ref, Hulls favorite touch judge, endless knock-on from Brough and a fluffed drop goal, Hull would have won, sounds familiar.

Aye, you seem to have got it spot on.

Enjoy being a top 4 club and all the benefits it appears to bring.

Aye, you seem to have got it spot on.

Enjoy being a top 4 club and all the benefits it appears to bring.

We are all the same mate, never anything to do with the other team.

I rode across the Humber Bridge in a black and white jersey yesterday if that's any good.

I think my doing the same on Wednesday cancelled out your luck-invoking action.

Best thing about today was meeting TonyXIII and having someone nice to talk to during pre-match lunch with RoyBoy and Old Frightful. ;-)

FC lose and it is the refs fault, I thought refs calls evened up over a season?

As there is a bit of a gap now between the top 3 and the rest of the 8 my prediction is that those teams will finish in an order which is the reverse of their fortune in the cup.

As there is a bit of a gap now between the top 3 and the rest of the 8 my prediction is that those teams will finish in an order which is the reverse of their fortune in the cup.

I'll take that lol

All three to go out?

Absolutely nothing between the teams apart from the outcome of the two late drop goal attempts. I'd have no fears about playing Huddersfield again in either competition.

Absolutely nothing between the teams apart from the outcome of the two late drop goal attempts. I'd have no fears about playing Huddersfield again in either competition.

You have played 21 Super League games have won just 9, only 8 legitimately and are 8th in the table.

Huddersfield have played 21 Super League games have won 16, are 2nd in the table and have beaten Hull home & away.

Smell the coffee.

It wasn't a shoulder charge at all. Paul Anderson has embarrassed himself in that post-match interview. Just one of them unfortunate collisions. Robinson stepped as Ellis went in and was a hard hit with the chest.

Those highlights on SLFT and the resulting comments were extremely biased. No showing of the Crabtree shoulder charge 5 minutes later. Or the put in touch after the tackle was complete (happened twice with two different decisions!). Some extremely dubious decisions both ways in that game and I came away from that game feeling frustrated that the game had been spoilt by the man in the middle's performance.

And just to be clear, that isn't me blaming the ref for the loss. It's the same reason we lost last week and the week before - our composure in the opponents 10m is shocking and our record for conceding in the last 10 minutes must be the worst in SL over the last two seasons.

You have played 21 Super League games have won just 9, only 8 legitimately and are 8th in the table.

Huddersfield have played 21 Super League games have won 16, are 2nd in the table and have beaten Hull home & away.

Smell the coffee.

You saw today's game at the KC I take it.

Smell the coffee.

I can smell bitter lemons...

After watching full time today none of Hull FC's tried should of counted. Two blatant forward passes in the build up for Greens and Yeamans tries and it should off been a penalty for the tackle by Ellis IMO. Obviously I didn't watch the full game, but it doesn't appear FC have been done that harshly to.

You saw today's game at the KC I take it.

No I didn't.

I just looked at the league table after 21 games and compared Hull to Huddersfield. It's more reliable than a single game which by the way....YOU LOST.

What you don't understand is that Huddersfield are competing at the top end having to maintain standards every single week. Teams like Hull can lose to Wakefield, Castleford, take a thrashing at Catalans and then build themselves up for the occasional decent display when a top team comes to town. And in this case lose anyway.

The league table doesn't lie..you're 8th and falling and Wakefield are closing in.

No I didn't.

I just looked at the league table after 21 games and compared Hull to Huddersfield. It's more reliable than a single game which by the way....YOU LOST.

What you don't understand is that Huddersfield are competing at the top end having to maintain standards every single week. Teams like Hull can lose to Wakefield, Castleford, take a thrashing at Catalans and then build themselves up for the occasional decent display when a top team comes to town. And in this case lose anyway.

The league table doesn't lie..you're 8th and falling and Wakefield are closing in.

Bit disappointed in this post, I thought you'd turned the corner.

What Ullman was clearly saying was that, on the evidence of Sunday's game, ie a current form indicator, he'd have no worries about facing Huddersfield again in the cup, if we're fortunate enough to win through to the semi finals after playing Catalans on Saturday in the quarters.

Which, by the way, in your own terms you won't be involved in as YOU LOST in the last round.

FC lose and it is the refs fault, I thought refs calls evened up over a season?

To an extent, according to us mere fans on here.

Why not wait for Adam Pearson to call for an RFL investigation or Peter Gentle to call it a tragedy before you cast your line on here.

(Bite admitted.)