Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

07/07/13 - Hull Kingston Rovers v Salford City Reds - KO 3pm

Who will win?   7 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Salford City Reds
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 posts in this topic

Discuss Hull Kingston Rovers v Salford City Reds here.

The Robins just need to keep playing with their heads not their hearts stick to the gameplan and get the job done like they have done for the last few weeks keep it up lads

I was confident of victory in Toulouse and St Helens but this week I'm treating this as a potential 'banana skin'. Any win will do. We just need to keep our heads down and get a result. Salford will be a bit more confident of themselves after last week's win in London, and with the rumours that the bottom two may be 'relegated' at the end of this season, they'll be wanting to give themselves every chance of finishing as high up the middle order as possible.

KR by how many they can be bothered to win by.

Bravo. In very few words you concisely leave us in no doubt whereas HKR AD uses many more to tell us nothing at all.

A question for HKRAD (or any other KR fans on here). I'm going to be at this game tomorrow, but I don't have a ticket. There will be a cash turnstile, won't there?

An opportunity for Salford to not only get their first double of the season but to have 2 consecutive victories in Super League this campaign.

I hope they stick with Sneyd and Fages in the halves against Burns and Dobson but with McGoldrick certain to be replaced by Gleeson in the centre that may not happen.

First defeat for KR since Gansongate.

These Salford players don't want to appear in the history books for the wrong reasons.They will be aware of how Soward-inspired Broncos have got on in France and Salford need to avoid the wooden spoon.

Prepare to be impressed.

Salford victory.

A question for HKRAD (or any other KR fans on here). I'm going to be at this game tomorrow, but I don't have a ticket. There will be a cash turnstile, won't there?

From a non KR fan who visits once a year you'll be able to pay on the gate for the South 'Stand'. If you choose that option take a step ladder and a pair of binoculars.

If you want to actually see the game it might be a better bet to go in the Well (the small area of terracing in front of the Roger Millward stand). You should be OK to pay on the gate to get in there tomorrow.

From a non KR fan who visits once a year you'll be able to pay on the gate for the South 'Stand'. If you choose that option take a step ladder and a pair of binoculars.

If you want to actually see the game it might be a better bet to go in the Well (the small area of terracing in front of the Roger Millward stand). You should be OK to pay on the gate to get in there tomorrow.

Thanks for that.

I'll probably just try and find the other half dozen Salford fans and mingle. ;)

Thanks for that.

I'll probably just try and find the other half dozen Salford fans and mingle. ;)

No prob Tony, I would imagine the other Salford fans will head to the southern terrace.

Or if there's not too many of you, you could ask the skipper of one of the P&O ferries if you can stand on the bridge. You'll get a better view.

Edit - sorry I meant to say 'will flock to the southern terrace'  ;)

You won't have to try too hard, we'll be in the Three Johns.

You won't have to try too hard, we'll be in the Three Johns.

So will I, as soon as I can get there from Paragon. Taxi for Tony!

Salford seem to be going well in this one, Noble seems to be slowly turning things around.

hull KR 6 Salford Red Devils 18

Just had a rather excited Tonyxiii on the phone, hope his team can hold out for the win.

It looks like Salford have improved for 40mins. Next task for Noble is to extend this to 80 mins.

Hull KR sounded is if they wanted to throw it away in first half.

It looks like Salford have improved for 40mins. Next task for Noble is to extend this to 80 mins.

Hull KR sounded is if they wanted to throw it away in first half.

You're right about the 40 minutes thing, but not about KR's first 40. We put them under a lot of pressure and they couldn't cope. We couldn't maintain that for the second half, though, and KR gradually took control. I'm disappointed with the result, but we looked like a team with a bit of spirit in the first half and we didn't give up in the second, so improvement is the name of the game.

At OF. Sorry mate, we just couldn't hang on to that lead, but it was nice while it lasted. :biggrin:

Good display from Salford today very commited defended enthusiastically and kept the ball alive at every opportunity.

43% completion rate for Rovers in first half was a real killer but in fairness Salford forced some of the mistakes with their enthusiasm.

2nd half more or less one way traffic, 22-0 to Rovers but still Salford kept battling. For Rovers good to get a win from perhaps inevitably, a less intense performance than of late.  For Salford lots of positives in defeat they are not going to just coast through the rest of the season I think.

Been trying to figure out how to describe that performance. We must have made more line breaks in the game than any I have seen this season, but in the first half especially we just did not seem to know how to finish it off. We dropped so much ball it was unreal. 

Due to all the dropped ball we allowed Salford to get into the game and gave them some confidence. They got stuck in and scored 3 try's, but I always felt that if we just got a grip of our ball retention in the 2nd half we would be ok.

Happy we kept them pointless in the 2nd half and glad to get the win in the end with the run of games we have coming up that was important. Warrington away, Wigan away, the chumps at home and then Leeds away.

Warrington away, Wigan away, the champs at home and then Leeds away.

Edited, etc.

(Admittedly, not very accurately though....)

What should not be happening,away from home,is giving any reason to assist the home crowd get behind their team.Salford managed it at the beginning of the game - kick off out on the full - and at the start of the 2nd half - allow ball to hit ground and pick up in offside position. 

Hull KR were beaten,and with their fans ready to get on their backs,at half time.

Mr Alibert certainly gave at least one decision which appeared to have been made when he received advice (?) and the forward passes from both sides were beyond a joke - as was the incessant crowd appeals,liking it to a game at The Provident.

I am almost at the point of giving up on seeing Salford winning a second half in 2013. 

It was possibly because of the heat but a low quality game.

Edited, etc.

(Admittedly, not very accurately though....)

I don't know about you but I just can't see where their next win is coming from...

I'm getting pretty good at the prediction lark :)

Salford bossed the first half to the point where we struggled to get out of our own 40. They scored a couple of neat tries and we dropped too much ball and just generally look sluggish. I said to my mate just after the break that I didn't think Salford would score a point in the second half, and considering the terrible first period, it sounded like a bold statement to make.

There were some flashes of brilliance though. We did break Salford's line pretty regularly; Travis Burns did so in the first and Michael Dobson and Craig Hall in the second.

On the face of it we were lucky to get the two points. Thankfully we have a week off now, which is a good thing considering there is a bug going around the club. I'm extremely happy with our league position as well. I think that 2 more wins will cement our top 8 place.

Unfortunately Cory Paterson picked up a ligament injury so is looking at 4-6 weeks out. This is a blow for us but Rhys Lovegrove excelled at left second row in Cory's previous absence so I'm sure we'll go OK.

I'm getting pretty good at the prediction lark :)

Aye, although you said so much without saying anything.

Aye, although you said so much without saying anything.

Don't be like that OF - you may have a stiff neck but I'm getting vertigo up here ;)