Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

08/07/13 - Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Widnes Vikings - KO 7.45pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
    • Widnes Vikings
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

87 posts in this topic

A moaning, anorak-wearing, Daily Express-reading, crabby old windbag who commentates on rugby league but seems to abhor physical contact between players.

Barrie is right of course. The fun's over with this 'banning the shoulder charge' nonsense.

that's my role model you are talking about

Roy Cropper does not read the Daily Express

Say what you like about Agar, I think he's improved some of these Wakefield players. Especially Amor and Kirmond.

Say what you like about Agar

Been there, done that.

Is that a Hitler-tache Cockayne is sporting?

I bet he doesn't discuss it on social networking sites if so.

Say what you like about Agar, I think he's improved some of these Wakefield players. Especially Amor and Kirmond.

I'd say almost all round he's done that, he's got some stiffs and some misfits and he seems to work with it well. It'll be interesting to see how a Singleton gets on at Leeds, Agar had him on loan and sent him straight back.

I'd say almost all round he's done that, he's got some stiffs and some misfits and he seems to work with it well. It'll be interesting to see how a Singleton gets on at Leeds, Agar had him on loan and sent him straight back.

I noticed that also, wakey got a beating (cant remember who to) with singleton in the team and the next week he was playing for hunslet.

from what ive heard  though in the past few games  for leeds singleton has been doing rather well.

Kirmond is a machine......was hoping he wasn't going to be playing tonight as he looked injured after last week

This s the second Monday in succession where the skill quality has been awful.

Last week Huddersfield kept giving the ball away this week Widnes can't hold on to it.

We are light years behind the Aussies in basic skills.

Last week Huddersfield kept giving the ball away this week Widnes can't hold on to it.

Last week Trinity beat Hull.

Yep, I was particularly disappointed by Huddersfield's showing last Monday.

Last week Trinity beat Hull.

I presume he's talking about Hudds v Catalans.

Is that a Hitler-tache Cockayne is sporting?

More like an Alf Garnett I would say.

It could be that SL play a much more expansive and in turn risky games, where as the Aussies play a clinical and in turn very boring game.

Was there a bit of crowd trouble? Camera showed some stewards in between, what looked like, some rather angry people whilst that scrum was stopped.

Was there a bit of crowd trouble? Camera showed some stewards in between, what looked like, some rather angry people whilst that scrum was stopped.

It did look like there was crowd trouble and both teams were looking in the same direction until Silverdud brought them back to the point of the evening.  Glad the Sky team didn't comment.  It's not like there is never crowd trouble at rugby league matches.

It could be that SL play a much note expansive and in turn risky games, where as the Aussies play a clinical and in turn very boring game.

I'd say that would probably be a fairly accurate description of the differences between the two competitions.  However, by any measure tonight's was a poor game.  The amount of dropped ball was ridiculous and Widnes just cannot defend.

Kirmond is a machine......was hoping he wasn't going to be playing tonight as he looked injured after last week

How he fits the gigs in with the zz top tribute band one can barely imagine

Not nearly as bad as the Wire V Rhinos game at the weekend, now that was terrible.

From where I was the Widnes fans (Approx 30) were goading a group of 5 or so Wakey fans. One in particular seemed to shake hands with the Widnes lot but they kept on at him until he eventually ( and rightly so) hit a rather mouthy Widnes fan. The Widnes lot then set upon him but when the Wakey fans ran in, the Widnes lot hid behind the stewards. I was there as a neutral but thought the Widnes lot were an embarrassment and were very lucky not to get a serious kicking.

From where I was the Widnes fans (Approx 30) were goading a group of 5 or so Wakey fans. One in particular seemed to shake hands with the Widnes lot but they kept on at him until he eventually ( and rightly so) hit a rather mouthy Widnes fan. The Widnes lot then set upon him but when the Wakey fans ran in, the Widnes lot hid behind the stewards. I was there as a neutral but thought the Widnes lot were an embarrassment and were very lucky not to get a serious kicking.

You don't hit people at rugby games whether they are being obnoxious or not

Sorry but in any walk of life in 30 people are shouting abuse at you, and you have tried to make a joke of it yet it goes on, you are justified in standing up for yourself. I may have read the situation wrong, but looked clear cut to me.

The Widnes fans were pathetic

Sorry but in any walk of life in 30 people are shouting abuse at you, and you have tried to make a joke of it yet it goes on, you are justified in standing up for yourself. I may have read the situation wrong, but looked clear cut to me.

The Widnes fans were pathetic

You walk away or get help from the stewards

If you get into something physical you don't know where it's going to lead: and not everyone has the physical wherewithal to get into something like that -what are they supposed to do?

If the stewards aren't up to dealing with it take it further

Nobody has to get themselves into that situation it is very dangerous

On a different subject, where's Viking Warrior tonight? :huh: