Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Frightful

Any sympathy for the victims here?...nah, thought not!

9 posts in this topic

I simply cannot believe this scam still works. There's been enough publicity about it and still people fall for it.

And, sorry but, Irish accents as well?  :rolleyes:

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Police-warning-700-Vimto-scam/story-19474792-detail/story.html#axzz2Y02WgjXU

I'm amazed the sort of people who fall victim to this can actually lay their hands on £700. How on earth do they accumulate such an amount when their common sense factor is zero.

No sympathy at all.  If you're buying stuff from dodgy people you don't know in a deal that's too good to be true then it's either a scam or you're buying stolen goods, either way, you get no sympathy if you get negative consequences.

I actually think that this sort of scam should be legal.

And, sorry but, Irish accents as well? :rolleyes:

Are you suggesting the Irish are untrustworthy?

I'm loving the fact they got Vimto of all things......random

No sympathy at all.  If you're buying stuff from dodgy people you don't know in a deal that's too good to be true then it's either a scam or you're buying stolen goods, either way, you get no sympathy if you get negative consequences.

Not everyone is in a mental state to make good judgements, and scammers are low enough to pick people who are very vulnerable and then go back to them time and again.

Scammers like this play on peoples greed; there is a simple truism in life 'if something looks like it's too good to be true, it probably is'. 

If these people weren't so greedy, wanting something for nothing, they wouldn't have been had.

No sympathy from me, just view it as a tax on the greedy and stupid. 

No sympathy from me, just view it as a tax on the greedy and stupid.

Jus like the lottery, which I do play(£2 a week) because I have a low level of stupidity, unlike the higher levels were the tax is much higher.

P.S. I once declared this statement to someone who that stated

" ah if I won the jackpot you wouldn't call me stupid then would you"

Not everyone is in a mental state to make good judgements, and scammers are low enough to pick people who are very vulnerable and then go back to them time and again.

With you on that Steve. It's no crime to be gullible but scanners like this are nothing but ####.