Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steve wild

Sheffield

10 posts in this topic

On way home from Sheffield and wish I knew what to make of it. Please add your comments whilst I think about it !!!

On way home from Sheffield and wish I knew what to make of it. Please add your comments whilst I think about it !!!

My own opinion was that the game very much matched the fixture at LSV where Sheffield in the first half pinned us in our own half and generally tired us out with some good defence, we rarely ventured in their half apart from the Watto interception. Their final try of that half was strange to say the least as I certainly didn't see us knock on to give them possession but then at that ground you are a fair distance away from play.

In the second half Sheffield upped a gear and simply blew us away aided by some sloppy tackling before easing off once the game was won I suspect to save energy for the next two big games they have.

Disappointed due to the fact we was in the game at half time but it is clear we are miles away from the top Championship sides.

Our first half defence was quite good, but throughout the game we invited a lot of pressure by constantly losing the ball early on in the tackle count. On the rare occasions we ventured into their half (normally with the help of a penalty) we lacked ideas, penetration & ball control. And like u say Marshy, when you see teams like Sheffield u realise how big a gap there is in this division between the top and bottom.

There was a comment by Steve Wild re the difference between top & bottom clubs .

There was a comment by Steve Wild re the difference between top & bottom clubs .

I was being silly

Think they both caught Fev at a weak point

Just my opinion but with the cream of Warringtons youngsters in our ranks essentially full time professionals shouldn't we have been pushing to break into the top five?