Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bearman

Sky price rise

46 posts in this topic

I do a decent wedding video! If you're paying all that money out it'd be a shame not to have a record of it.

www.picturehouseweddingfilms.co.uk

Never been one to pass up an opportunity!

and I know a couple of very good bands for the nite do

If the PL is only ten per cent of Sky Sports output then why is it so disproportionately valued?

I think there are other factors. Number of subscribers, number of viewers, advertising income,.pub licences etc

If the PL is only ten per cent of Sky Sports output then why is it so disproportionately valued?

Output and consumption are different, surely?

Please do not post ways of getting televised rugby league games for free on this forum.

football sells subscriptions, I wonder how many they would lose if they stopped showing football?

I'm not suggesting they stop showing soccer but giving it it's own subscription channel.

Because of the amount they have to pay in the auction to get it, probably.

Because of the amount they have to pay in the auction to get it, probably.

Then why did they virtually double their offer for the last auction of the EPL rights when there was no other network who were interested at that price or anywhere near it? They overbid for something that only they were seriously interested in.

Then why did they virtually double their offer for the last auction of the EPL rights when there was no other network who were interested at that price or anywhere near it? They overbid for something that only they were seriously interested in.

How can you say no one else was interested when BT sports have bought the top package with most of the best games in.

BT threw silly money to try and get all the top packages, which meant sky having to pay extra.

BT have two better packages than what ESPN/SETANTA  had and will pick up some better games. but the bulk of the top games will still be on sky

Were BT even in the auction for the last EPL rights? Sky bid way over the odds for the EPL for some unknown reason. Even if BT were in they don't have Sky's financial clout so were never serious contenders for the big soccer package that Sky have.

BT where not in the auction for the last EPL rights.this (2013-2016) is their first time involved. BT could quite easily have ended up with all the packages.

BT Profit after tax for the year was £2,091m. they are fast approaching £1b spent on sporting rights. the difference between BT and the likes of ESPN/SETANTA is that they can do bundles like SKY

BT where not in the auction for the last EPL rights.this (2013-2016) is their first time involved. BT could quite easily have ended up with all the packages.

BT Profit after tax for the year was £2,091m. they are fast approaching £1b spent on sporting rights. the difference between BT and the likes of ESPN/SETANTA is that they can do bundles like SKY

So the argument that Sky upped their bid to a ridiculous amount to beat off BT doesn't hold any water then.

You don't have to subscribe to any Sky channels at all to have Premier. Apparently they provide you with a card for the box if you dont have one.

That's correct. My last house already had a sky dish installed, so I got a box from freecycle and a card from PS.

Couldn't record though without a sky subscription

My subscription with just Sky Sports and a couple of the cheaper bundles like Discovery etc crept up to £50 and other than the rugby I wasn't watching anything, knocked it on the head, just have Premier Sports now that I picked up for something like £40 for the year thanks to a promo code advertised on here.

Don't miss it if I'm honest, got access to more games than I can find time to watch and anything big domestically I can either pay to go watch or go down the pub.

That's correct. My last house already had a sky dish installed, so I got a box from freecycle and a card from PS.

Couldn't record though without a sky subscription

My mum had a Sky+ box she used just for the free channels, and I rang Sky to ask about using the record facitily, and apparently they charge £10 a Month (probably gone up now) if you want to use Sky+ but don't want to subscribe to any channels. Suffice to say, she didn't bother with it.

Sky price rise?

How many of you on here do the lottery?

Did you know in September the Lotto will double in price to £2 a go?

Just because Camelot are not making enough profit.

Sky price rise?

How many of you on here do the lottery?

Did you know in September the Lotto will double in price to £2 a go?

Just because Camelot are not making enough profit.

The prize and profit proportions aren't changing though are they?  If you can't afford to pay £2 for a ticket then you've lost nowt by the price going up.  If you normally put £1 on the lottery but can't afford £2 then I'm fairly confident in saying that you probably can't really afford the £1 either...

It's comparing chalk and cheese anyway, one is a value-added service that you pay for to get a fixed benefit, the other is a massively long-shot for a payout but more likely just a way to part you from your money.  The only thing they have in common is that if you don't like the price increases then your life won't end if you decide to abstain and you'll end up with extra money in your pocket.  A very first world problem.

i can't believe they haven't kicked the F1 channel in touch yet the viewing figures are horrendous.