Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glemiln

This is fronting up - today?

42 posts in this topic

Being a great player does not mean you'll be a great coach. Not saying Matt isn't, only that it's not a foregone conclusion.

I'm curious: do you really know how he has been treated by the board? Or are you just talking?

Do you know how he is being treated by the Board ? or are you just being Nosey ? 

Being a great player does not mean you'll be a great coach. Not saying Matt isn't, only that it's not a foregone conclusion.

I'm curious: do you really know how he has been treated by the board? Or are you just talking?

Totally agree being a good player dosent mean you will be a good coach however Matt Calland has a Championship Grand Final Winners medal which PROVES he is a good coach so thats that one answered easy (know your rugby league)

And just to cure your curiosity yes i do know exactly how he has been treated by the board and in a word its shabby!

It would seem a few posters on here want to make reasons why Matt shouldnt be coach, can understand that if your a true Hornets fan, how could you make a case for Ian Talbot and not Matt? - I think your a board member starfirehypervixen and I think I know which one

Not a job I could do, nor would I want to.

Well meaning amateurs, doing their best. If I had something to offer, I would, but I'm not qualified.

On this forum, mid-June, it was stated that Matt Calland would be coach next season.

I find hard to believe that IT does not know, unless something has happened recently to change the situation.  If true, will Matt be Head Coach? Could someone from the club please clarify this situation to stop the speculation.

Try 'phoning the club or emailing them and I think you will get an answer.

I might get an answer, but would it be official and for distribution?

Surely, if Matt's appointment is official, the club would have posted the news on it's official web site and elsewhere? The 'news' was greeted well on here, but  IT's "I don't know" comment was inexplicable and not surpisingly, confusion seems to reign, going by comments on here.  For all concerned, is it that difficult  to communicate the facts?  Apparently! 

Your answers... I can give you those. Highly unlikely. No & er No.

Matt wasnt with the U20's on Saturday i am not brains of Britain but i think you can guess whats coming. 

If you get an answer then the can't stop you making it public can they pal, come on now you're taking this to giddy limit!  Telephone the club for an answer first before you worry about what to do with the answer when you get it!

Simple.

Pugwash.

The club has ended up getting in a right pickle on the Matt issue. Smoke and Mirrors. But the truth always outs.

Some people at Hornets are as popular as bubonic plague

Who ever the coach is to be and that is down to the board .The person needs to be in postion before the end of this season .So they can build for next season before players have been signed up by other clubs

The club has ended up getting in a right pickle on the Matt issue. Smoke and Mirrors. But the truth always outs.

Some people at Hornets are as popular as bubonic plague

Any clarification on this or is it your turn to open up the old wound this week?

Pugwash.

Any clarification on this or is it your turn to open up the old wound this week?

Pugwash.

Personally think you Die Hard Fans are being treated like 'Mushrooms' by your 'Open & Transparent' Board ! (IMO) 

Lets not be blinkered into thinking there's only one man for the job, there's an awful lot of quality un-contracted coaches knocking about and a very limited number of coaching positions. Calland is the obvious choice but the fact it's looking increasingly unlikely that hell take over may mean there's a good reason.

My money is on Matt Calland being relieved of his duties at Hornets. The question is does the Chairman respect Members, Supporters and Sponsors enough to actually tell them.  

Lets not be blinkered into thinking there's only one man for the job, there's an awful lot of quality un-contracted coaches knocking about and a very limited number of coaching positions. Calland is the obvious choice but the fact it's looking increasingly unlikely that hell take over may mean there's a good reason.

What names could you think of, off the top of your head with a similar record to Matt who would be interested in coaching in Championship 1 with a small salary and small budget?

As you say Calland is the obvious choice and my question is why is it looking increasingly unlikely as you say? Will the club give us a "good reason"? 

Peoples interests need to be rekindled after this seasons mess and the only way to do that is to appoint a proven, experienced coach who will bring results another season of  getting beat by London Skolars,Hemel Hemsted etc will not do for this club