Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

parko1370

Barlow

68 posts in this topic

Oh I think the timing of the announcement is driven solely to cause as much disruption to fev as poss.

Oh I think the timing of the announcement is driven solely to cause as much disruption to fev as poss.

Oh aye. Having said all that, given how Sam's previous contracts have ended up (see Sheff to Fax move for example), it honestly wouldn't suprise me if he'd signed with Leigh, then come to us on loan and decided he wants to be here next year instead. Time will tell, he'll be in Blue & White for at least one more game, hopefully two. 

It's certainly strange timing (see they have now published the signing on their website). Most clubs like to announce their big-name signings with a bit of a fanfare and a back-up quote attributed to the player about how delighted he is to have signed for them (even if that quote is usually the work of the club's PR men). You'd think they'd have waited a couple of weeks and then be able to actually stick up a quote about the player himself being delighted to be with his new club etc. I don't doubt what Leigh are saying for a moment, but Barlow might not be the player you want to be getting disgruntled before he's even joined you.

Whether its true or not he possibly has 2 games left with us looks like they signed Oliver Wilkes as well from Wakey if reports are believed

And fair play to fax and leigh. If they can unsettle fev, even in the most minute way I'd expect them to try to do just that!

If the boot was on t'other foot id be disappointed if we didn't do just that!

Way we are playing don't think this will bother us. If he has signed he should just say so we knew he was here on loan until end of season he has done nothing wrong if he has signed for them Would be funny though if he did a u turn

Way we are playing don't think this will bother us. If he has signed he should just say so we knew he was here on loan until end of season he has done nothing wrong if he has signed for them Would be funny though if he did a u turn

Me too weve had and weathered more disruptions this season than the M62

If Leigh have signed him - along with Wilkes, then they're obviously no longer skint. Mr Barlow commanded some serious wonga at Halifax.

The BoD at Leigh have recently purchased an exclusive ladies club, numerous players will be table dancing here

Robin that was not it. Trevor Hunt who is a commentator on Greater Manchester Radio twittered his signing and had been asked not to. Our club were not going to announce it until the playoffs were over but as it was out in the public domain Paul Rowley referred to it after our unlucky defeat last Sunday.

Has your medication been reviewed of late Francis? ? :lol:

Robin that was not it. Trevor Hunt who is a commentator on Greater Manchester Radio twittered his signing and had been asked not to. Our club were not going to announce it until the playoffs were over but as it was out in the public domain Paul Rowley referred to it after our unlucky defeat last Sunday.

two defeats in one day, no wonder we hammered you.

It matters little for this season, Barlow isn't going to do next years employers any favours, all he'll be interested in is picking up another winners medal and the financial reward that comes with it!

two defeats in one day, no wonder we hammered you.

Hammered us ? We would have won had the ref not missed 3 Fev knock ons in the second half. :tongue:

Hammered us ? We would have won had the ref not missed 3 Fev knock ons in the second half. :tongue:

The only reason you came back at us was because you were abysmal for the first 45 minutes, so Fev went to sleep, and picked themselves up when it mattered. Happens all the time when one side has a big lead!

Keep deluding yourself Franky if it keeps you happy. It was our players who brought you back into the game, not yours

Well I make that 2 bites so far Frank :tongue:

Was good to see you Sunday, hope the red wine din't go to your head :party:

And looks like you were quite right about Barlow, though it has been an open secret for quite a while now.