Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brigg Rover

Lee Briers

50 posts in this topic

He's really a smurph but has found a drug to change his skin colour?

I did like the picture of him in full flight, wearing Swinton colours that appeared in RLW this week. If i was a Swinton fan, I'd have that blown up, framed and on my wall. Sad, but it is a great picture.

There's been rumours of Briers playing at HKR ever since he hooked up with David Hall's daughter. For those who don't know Hall is a former HKR player and the father of current HKR player Craig Hall. I wish I had a penny for every time this rumour gets aired.

There's been rumours of Briers playing at HKR ever since he hooked up with David Hall's daughter. For those who don't know Hall is a former HKR player and the father of current HKR player Craig Hall. I wish I had a penny for every time this rumour gets aired.

I've heard Sculthorpe has a car waiting for him when he signs for us still...

Briers would be a good signing for anyone, even at this stage of his career - purely by virtue of the fact that the qualities he brings to a team i.e. passing, kicking, organisation, aren't that heavily affected by the ageing process. I'll wager that he's probably got at least a couple more seasons left in the tanks.

Briers would be a good signing for anyone, even at this stage of his career - purely by virtue of the fact that the qualities he brings to a team i.e. passing, kicking, organisation, aren't that heavily affected by the ageing process. I'll wager that he's probably got at least a couple more seasons left in the tanks.

You missed off reffing.

Lee has commitments with the Under 19's so I'm not sure on this rumour.... I hope it isn't true.

You missed off reffing.

:biggrin:

A little bird told me that this will be his last season.with a certain rangi chase replacing him.

Rangi's going to be knackered next year playing for all these teams...

Rangi's going to be knackered next year playing for all these teams...

Not as knackered as the bloke 'accounting' for Wire's salary cap!

Briers m Monaghan Hodgson morley carvell cooper all going.plenty of room on the cap.

Briers m Monaghan Hodgson morley carvell cooper all going.plenty of room on the cap.

Yes,but do you replace them all like for like?

Not as knackered as the bloke 'accounting' for Wire's salary cap!

what proof do you have of warrington cheating the cap???

thought Hodgson still had a year left to run on his contract.

Warrington are the only club in the salary cap era who are able to stockpile players in key positions to such an extent that they're habitually sending seasoned internationals out on dual reg.

Whether they are cheating the cap I've no idea, but they do well to fit so many top line players under the cap when even clubs like Leeds and Saints are forced to pad their squads out with kids and journeymen such as Stu Howarth, Joe Vickery etc.

Big rumour doing the rounds at todays game, any Wire fans heard anything?

A number of KR fans were discussing the rumour of Danny Brough.Apparently he watches KR with his son but lack of funds,and an opportunity for Sandercock to use his contacts in Oz is the way you are going.

It was news to me that Lee Jewitt is on way from Salford.

A number of KR fans were discussing the rumour of Danny Brough.Apparently he watches KR with his son.

He also has part shares in a sweet shop on Holderness road so it must be true.

thought Hodgson still had a year left to run on his contract.

Yeah he does.few whispers he's gonna call it a day though this year.

Warrington are the only club in the salary cap era who are able to stockpile players in key positions to such an extent that they're habitually sending seasoned internationals out on dual reg.

Whether they are cheating the cap I've no idea, but they do well to fit so many top line players under the cap when even clubs like Leeds and Saints are forced to pad their squads out with kids and journeymen such as Stu Howarth, Joe Vickery etc.

Who are these players that we are stockpiling?

We don't habitually send internatiionals out on dual reg, Briers, Morley and Bridge have all played a game for Swinton on return from injuries, don't be so melodramatic as it actually weakens your argument.

Despite what the likes of you often spout, our squad is not full of internationals at all, we have been sensible in some signings and got the best out of some rather average players that other clubs have been happy to offload (Solomona, Bridge, Higham etc).

We also have, Riley, Wood, Cooper, McCarthy, Harrison, Evans, Blythe, Williams, O'Brien and Currie in our first 25 who are all club-developed players and hardly worldwide stars.

Just to be simplistic about this, our first 13 players could be on £100k per year (they won't all be) and our next 12 could be on £50k per year (they won't all be) and that is £1.9m. Pretty much the cap.

You seem to have a rather large chip on your shoulder about Warrington, and tbh I'm surprised your claims are allowed to go unchallenged on here.

Are you saying that Warrington are breaking the salary cap, and what proof do you have?

Yeah he does.few whispers he's gonna call it a day though this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did tbh.

Who are these players that we are stockpiling?

We don't habitually send internatiionals out on dual reg, Briers, Morley and Bridge have all played a game for Swinton on return from injuries, don't be so melodramatic as it actually weakens your argument.

Despite what the likes of you often spout, our squad is not full of internationals at all, we have been sensible in some signings and got the best out of some rather average players that other clubs have been happy to offload (Solomona, Bridge, Higham etc).

We also have, Riley, Wood, Cooper, McCarthy, Harrison, Evans, Blythe, Williams, O'Brien and Currie in our first 25 who are all club-developed players and hardly worldwide stars.

Just to be simplistic about this, our first 13 players could be on £100k per year (they won't all be) and our next 12 could be on £50k per year (they won't all be) and that is £1.9m. Pretty much the cap.

You seem to have a rather large chip on your shoulder about Warrington, and tbh I'm surprised your claims are allowed to go unchallenged on here.

Are you saying that Warrington are breaking the salary cap, and what proof do you have?

Not sure it's a case of them not being challenged, more a case of many of us, can't be bothered to argue the toss over such nonsense.

Warrington has done an outstanding job in recent years. They had opportunities provided by a wealthy back and the prospect of a good new ground, and have seized the opportunity with both hands.

Just to pick up on the Saints point, have you even looked at their squad?

Wellens - international, top star of the game

Gardner - international

Turner - signed him up this year

Soliola - international

Meli - international

Hohaiha - international

Lomax - young star of the future apparently

Perry - NRL star and international

Roby - international superstar

LMS - international

Puletua - international

Manu - top class SL player

Laffranchi - international

Flanagan - decent player

Walmsley - poached from the Championship

They then have a handful of young players who were apparently going to be the future of SL, including:

Makinson

Clough

Wheeler

Jones

Percival

And a couple of players like:

Howarth

O'Brien on loan

So the makeup of their squad is a strong 15 or so, littered with internationals. The next 5 being young lads expected to be stars. Another couple of players possibly short term signings. They then have another three youth players to make up their 25.

Wire have a solid first 17 littered with internationals supplemented with a further 8 locally developed players to fill up the squad.

Whilst you also mention Leeds with the signing of Vickery, you then ignore the signing of Moon to complement their huge list of international stars.

Using leeds and Saints was a bad example.

With all due respect to Lee Briers, who has been a good one, we're not a retirement home. Briers should go to Salford with Meli and Morley. 

The rumour is complete tosh any road...

In other news, keep a check on the availability of Canberra's Sam Williams and Newcastle's Neville Costigan.