Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

harrytats

Sam Tomkins- Seems like a top lad

24 posts in this topic

I keep watching these on YT and ending up with a big grin on my face. It is good stuff.

Frankly at the age he as back then I was far worse (though fortunately in a publicly invisible role).

It summed up for me how much he'd matured by his little debate with Briers in the Warrington match.

It summed up for me how much he'd matured by his little debate with Briers in the Warrington match.

That still makes me laugh.

Why does there appear to be an 'all rugby league players are thick' stereotype?

Sky didn't help last night by interviewing Ben Cockayne.

Yeah, since that infamous two finger salute at Leeds...!

I found that rather endearing.

Why does there appear to be an 'all rugby league players are thick' stereotype?

Where?

I got home last night and found that the BBC were looping The Superleague Show on the red button, which was a pleasant surprise. Shaun Lunt was the interview subject and turned out to be a pretty articulate young man.

I got home last night and found that the BBC were looping The Superleague Show on the red button, which was a pleasant surprise. Shaun Lunt was the interview subject and turned out to be a pretty articulate young man.

But I bet you can't help saying a little rhyme in your head every time you hear his name, despite what a great guy he may or may not be.

When those kids play a full game, it'll be interesting to see what Sam does when one of his charges stands at acting-half, screaming and bawling at the referee until he gets a penalty. A b***ocking, or a pat on the back?

I didn't see him doing anything more than other players last night.

It should be cracked down on but universally not just on one man.

Why does there appear to be an 'all rugby league players are thick' stereotype?

LOL Years ago I got a bad school report and my mum, who was a headmistress calmed down after reading the riot act said "You'd better concentrate on your Rugby"

But I bet you can't help saying a little rhyme in your head every time you hear his name, despite what a great guy he may or may not be.

What rhymes with Cockermouth?  ;)

Have you listened to the mad Monday radio show by rugby am on Yorkshire radio at 7pm on a monday with Keith Senior? I'd say while all are clearly not thick a lot absolutely are. This could be a quality show but it comes across as childish, with the players incapable of sensible discussion on the game issues, the opposite to how it is on the NRL footy show which it is trying to copy. Last night when discussing which 2 clubs would be likely to drop out next year, Kyle Amor said it should definitely be London because he can't be arsed having to travel down there for away games. This was met with hilarity in the studio. I just can't imagine an NRL or Union play saying this as they know how to be professional in those type of environments.

i've always been a fan of sam, he is an uber talented player but he has a great media image which can enhance our game nationally, the rfl should use the likes of sam to promote the game rather than some of the less intelligent players they have used recently.

Because all of the fans are, obviously!

i've always been a fan of sam, he is an uber talented player but he has a great media image which can enhance our game nationally, the rfl should use the likes of sam to promote the game rather than some of the less intelligent players they have used recently.

Me too, liked him on the BBC last weekend. I know playing for Wigan he's likely to be involved in a lot of the big games so won't aleays be available but I wish they would use him more, also it would be good to identify more current players that could be used for the half time analysis

The sams team feature is brilliant, loved the piece last night with Andi Peters and the inspirational speeches by the current players.