Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGD

STATE OF ORIGIN - THE DECIDER - NSW vs QLD - Wed 17 July

55 posts in this topic

Cheers andy, I maybe imagining things but wasn't there a guy from south Africa interested in getting a south African side in the NRL or it could have been Wellington NZ? Either way do you think we'll ever see a south African NRL side?

More chance of a South African team than a Pacific Island Team I think.

Not much chance of either in reality, the Pacific Island players that get scouted or move to Australia and play in the Qld or NSW cups and move on from there.

Similar to the Kiwi players.

Its as likely that the Falkland Islands will put a team in ESL as there is a team from Tonga, Cook Islands, Samoa or Fiji in the NRL.

More chance of a South African team than a Pacific Island Team I think.

Not much chance of either in reality, the Pacific Island players that get scouted or move to Australia and play in the Qld or NSW cups and move on from there.

Similar to the Kiwi players.

Its as likely that the Falkland Islands will put a team in ESL as there is a team from Tonga, Cook Islands, Samoa or Fiji in the NRL.

Agreed, I think the more realistic options on expansion in the NRL are Perth, central coast, second NZ team and another Queensland

Side from either central Queensland or a 2nd Brisbane side. Personally I'd like to see another NZ side but can see Perth being the next expansion side, whenever that is.

Another Brisbane side would work well, the Broncos are not everyone in Brisbane's favourite Club.

Another Brisbane side would work well, the Broncos are not everyone in Brisbane's favourite Club.

Would the team actually be based in Brisbane or in the Ipswich-Logan area whose population is growing and is also a rugby league stronghold? Also the central Queensland bid seemed to come out of nowhere, although the area is sparsely populated I believe it's also a rugby league stronghold and some of Australia's largest corporations and potential investors are based there, aren't they?

Amazing TV ratings and attendance records for Origin decider and 2013 series.

http://www.nrl.com/origin-iii-breaks-television-records/tabid/10874/newsid/73541/default.aspx

In short:

- Highest rating Rugby League match of all time.

- Highest rating Origin match of all time.

- Highest rating Origin series of all time.

- Biggest attendance for an Origin match.

- Biggest attendance for an Origin series.

Rugby League was also the most watched program Wednesday in AFL heartlands, Melbourne and Adelaide.

Wow.

Amazing TV ratings and attendance records for Origin decider and 2013 series.

http://www.nrl.com/origin-iii-breaks-television-records/tabid/10874/newsid/73541/default.aspx

In short:

- Highest rating Rugby League match of all time.

- Highest rating Origin match of all time.

- Highest rating Origin series of all time.

- Biggest attendance for an Origin match.

- Biggest attendance for an Origin series.

Rugby League was also the most watched program Wednesday in AFL heartlands, Melbourne and Adelaide.

Wow.

If only SOO had the Aussie Rules state's I wonder how big a game it would be.