Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MarkSlatz

12/07/13 - (CCQF) Sheffield Eagles v London Broncos - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Sheffield Eagles by 13 points or more
    • Sheffield Eagles by 7 to 12 points
    • Sheffield Eagles by 1 to 6 points
    • London Broncos by 1 to 6 points
    • London Broncos by 7 to 12 points
    • London Broncos by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

197 posts in this topic

Reaity over romance - London by 40+. Out of curiosity, why isn't this pinned?

Oops! I merged the regular pinned thread with a pre-existing unpinned thread discussing the game. Didn't notice the merge resulted in removing the pin status. Tis back again now.

Whoever wins is there any chance of a decent neutral ground, i.e. Doncaster for the Eagles, or Milton Keynes/Oxford for London.

Best possible draw for both clubs really, and Londons game to lose

Hope it's a cracker

Although I always want Sheffield to do well, I hope it is a London win on Friday. 

Reaity over romance - London by 40+. Out of curiosity, why isn't this pinned?

40+?

I'd be amazed if that happens. I expect London will run away with in the last quarter but I hope Sheffield win.

I alternate between optimism and despair on this. optimism in the presence of Jaime Soward and despair in the Tony Clubb Boots n'all interview.

You can mention 15 match winning runs as opposed to a side that has not won 15 games in two seasons and Full time Pros v Part-timers but this game will be won and lost in the psyche of the London players. With the club facing at best an uncertain future, at worst resembling an old nag that's gone in the fetlock. What will the motivation be of those London players who want away like Tony Clubb and those who may not fancy their chances of getting a pro contract elsewhere.

Players in the face of adversity either pull together like Bradford last year or its every man jack for themselves and the devil take the hindmost as the approach which London fans have alreadfy seen v Wigan and Warrington.

I am not optimistic. I fear it will be rejoycing on the cobbled streets of Featherstone and Leigh and bemused travellers on the Tram at Don Valley wanting to know what the jubilation is about - "Sheffield Steelers can't be playing can they?" with the old Horses head making an earlier appointment at the glue factory.. :angel:

I alternate between optimism and despair on this. optimism in the presence of Jaime Soward and despair in the Tony Clubb Boots n'all interview.

You can mention 15 match winning runs as opposed to a side that has not won 15 games in two seasons and Full time Pros v Part-timers but this game will be won and lost in the psyche of the London players. With the club facing at best an uncertain future, at worst resembling an old nag that's gone in the fetlock. What will the motivation be of those London players who want away like Tony Clubb and those who may not fancy their chances of getting a pro contract elsewhere.

Players in the face of adversity either pull together like Bradford last year or its every man jack for themselves and the devil take the hindmost as the approach which London fans have alreadfy seen v Wigan and Warrington.

I am not optimistic. I fear it will be rejoycing on the cobbled streets of Featherstone and Leigh and bemused travellers on the Tram at Don Valley wanting to know what the jubilation is about - "Sheffield Steelers can't be playing can they?" with the old Horses head making an earlier appointment at the glue factory.. :angel:

On the contrary I am looking forward to seeing the team forced to fight in every game. The crowds and atmosphere will be much better. Dont you recall the great escape a few years ago with a draw against Leeds and a defeat of Wigan - in front of superb atmospheres and good crowds at Brentford. Cheer up man!

I hear that Sheffield have called in extra staff to cope with the demand for tickets - supposedly around 2700 sold so far, which is far more than they normally get. Admittedly it's still not huge, but the last 3,000-plus gate would have been, I think, in the SL days.

Sure it will be a good game, but reckon we will prevail by 12. If not I will not be a happy Bronco

In the stands at the end. Then again I should be used to that by now.

Jamie Soward appears to have given the Bronco's a boost.

I think he might just tip the balance.

Aussie like weather as I sit half a mile from DVS this morning.

I suspect the comments about the London camp may well be true. Eagles team spirit surprised many last season and saw us through, now we're the best team in the Championship, winning when we're playing ###### where we didn't last year.

That spirit will get us going, and if we can get over our notoriously slow game starts (I.e complacency against the likes of Dewsbury and Barrow which has been a feature this season) we've just got to hope the players have enough in the tank to last 80 minutes in this heat against a team of full-time supermen (did I say that  :tongue:  )

This game comes at the start of a tough period for the Eagles, with effectively two cup finals in 8 days, then a catch up on the backlog. That in itself should be good as the players will have been building up to it physically. Our players might be "part-time" in contract terms, but many of their jobs revolve around the sport and fitness, so it's not entirely true. there's a wealth of experience in the Eagles camp and no one name stands out. We haven't signed big names in the hope they'll get us out of the clart.

Backs to the wall stuff it might be, but them lot from down south will know they've been in a game come ten o'clock tonight.

I hear that Sheffield have called in extra staff to cope with the demand for tickets - supposedly around 2700 sold so far, which is far more than they normally get. Admittedly it's still not huge, but the last 3,000-plus gate would have been, I think, in the SL days.

Assuming you're heading up here?

Assuming you're heading up here?

Sadly not, as I have to work tomorrow and Sunday. The rest of the family will be there, though - come on you Eagles! I'll have to make do with watching on Sky. Have already dug out my Wembley '98 shirt, which fits better now than it did back then!!

If we get though to the semi-final I'll drag the old man along. He hasn't been to a game for ages. I'll also dig out my old striped Broncos top from the Gary Greinke era. I was optimistic about the club and the game back then.

Not confident though.

Hope Eagles give them a hard game but got to Be London - looking forward to watching 

London too strong especially with the guys who are coming back from injury; clubb, Rodney plus soward is too good for championship side. It's the only thing broncos have to play for so they should be up for it too. Would be a great boost to the World Cup if London got to the final.

It's on Sky Sports but the coverage looks like a Premier Sports broadcast

Most of the game so far being played in sheffield's 20. Sheff have done well to hold them out so far though

It's on Sky Sports but the coverage looks like a Premier Sports broadcast

They seem to be doing it on the cheap.

Both games this weekend have no build up,.

Commentary team is decent though.

Can't argue with that.......one try a piece so far, all good!