Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

League Express

14/07/13 - (CCQF) Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants - KO 4.15pm (BBC)

Who will win?   18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 1 to 6 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 7 to 12 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

152 posts in this topic

Discuss the Tetley's Challenge Cup Quarter Final game between Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants here.

Got to back the Giants to win even if I don't think we will

A tough, high quality game which will ultimately produce the winners of the cup I think.

Just hope Wire have an off day

First big game of the season for us, in terms of possible trophies. Hard to call it really: both sides are on impressive winning runs.

We probably have more experience of these cup games; the Giants might have more desire. I hope it's a cracker for TV.

I think we'll see a repeat of the semi when Wire were far too strong. Everyone's tip for the treble and rightly so. Wire's top side is the strongest in the league. The Giants may well win the LLS without the distraction of 2 extra games.

If Myler and monaghan are back I think they will play at a pace that the Giants will struggle with.

But Giants have enough quality to take advantage of any poor play, lots will depend on how Mcbrough copes with SBW when he targets all is running at a the wee man.

Sonny Bill Williams plays for Wire? When did that transfer happen? ;)

I just thank the lord Thaler and his slothathon play the balls won't be there.

Warrington to gain large amount of metres through the middle ..... AGAIN and win by 12 pts.

If Anderson gameplan stops wires getting large amount of metres, wires will throw it about and the game will be close, maybe decided in the last few mins

Best wishes to the Huddersfield fans travelling over.... Enjoy

Or we could follow the Leeds game plan but have the advantage of being better in defence than them and better able to kick goals than then

giants by 2 ;)

Warrington to gain large amount of metres through the middle ..... AGAIN and win by 12 pts.

If Anderson gameplan stops wires getting large amount of metres, wires will throw it about and the game will be close, maybe decided in the last few mins

Best wishes to the Huddersfield fans travelling over.... Enjoy

That'll be one cramped rollerskate.

And there'll still be more of us left in the ground with 10 to go. :P

Or we could follow the Leeds game plan but have the advantage of being better in defence than them and better able to kick goals than then

giants by 2 ;)

Yeah yeah.

Whatever zzzz.

And there'll still be more of us left in the ground with 10 to go. :P

Yeah yeah.

Whatever zzzz.

Huddersfield hooker ready for Cup showdown

Huddersfield hooker Shaun Lunt is hoping it will be third time lucky for him in the Tetley’s Challenge Cup and will have no shortage of ambition when the Giants face Warrington Wolves in Sunday’s quarter-final at The Halliwell Jones Stadium (4.15pm).
Lunt played in both the 2009 Challenge Cup final for Huddersfield and in last year’s final for Leeds Rhinos and ended with a losers’ medal on both occasions, a situation he is keen to put right in 2013.
“The Challenge Cup has escaped me twice now.” said Lunt. “It’s something I want to win and even more so after losing out, no one remembers the losers.
“You can’t think of the final yet though we have to just look at beating Warrington, we won’t get carried away.”
The Giants travel to Warrington on Sunday to face the Cup holders, Lunt and his team-mates are under no illusions what is at stake and cannot wait for the encounter.
“Training is going well, we are feeling good and can’t wait for the game,” he said. “We are really enjoying the build-up, it’s the match of the round. Every player loves playing in Challenge Cup games it’s such a historic and prestigious competition, Sunday can’t come fast enough.
“You have to expect everything and anything from Warrington, they can win games from anywhere. We have to concentrate on ourselves and on our strengths and hopefully that will be enough.
“We expect a lot of ourselves, I think if we gave ourselves goals that would just put added pressure on us. It’s better to focus on our effort and playing well and if we get those things right then success will follow.”
Lunt grew up in Cumbria watching the oldest and most famous competition in Rugby League and is hoping that he can fulfil one of his boyhood dreams.
“My older brother played in the curtain raiser before the final at old Wembley when I was about nine,  we had good seats right near the stairs where the players walk up to go and collect the trophy.
“I know it’s cheesy but I remember thinking to myself I want to do that, I want to be one of those players collecting a winners’ medal and hopefully this time it will be third time lucky for me.”

Go Giants!!

Good players deserve medals, and Warrington have won enough.

With the extended period of lovely hot weather, could Sunday be the survival of the fittest ??

If so, my money's on the wires

Would like to know people's thoughts?

I dont know, the Giants have toughed out a few games this season with 12 men on the field - last round of the cup for example...

I dont know, the Giants have toughed out a few games this season with 12 men on the field - last round of the cup for example...

Good call and many thanks, I'm so looking forward to this game.... I've loved wembley over the last few years and ive said I'd swap them all for a GF * but 3 days away from the game, I've changed my opinion, Wembley is amazing!!!

* win

I'd take any of the pots on offer this season, I'll get picky when we've won one ;)

That said I think whoever wins on Sunday is going to go on and lift that famous old trophy