Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

League Express

14/07/13 - (CCQF) Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants - KO 4.15pm (BBC)

Who will win?   18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 1 to 6 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 7 to 12 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

152 posts in this topic

With the extended period of lovely hot weather, could Sunday be the survival of the fittest ??

If so, my money's on the wires

Would like to know people's thoughts?

Hudds are a fairly young team and this may have an impact in the conditions, if they can play a quick game. On the other hand Wire have more creative players with experience of big games and winning trophies, so who knows how it will go

I'm looking forward to this. I enjoy watching Wire play, so here's to a cracking game. Have said that I'll take a one point win in a dour arm wrestle. 

Hudd by 4 in a low scoring snoozathon with Ray French under the impression they're playing at Wilderspool.

I think we'll see a repeat of the semi when Wire were far too strong. Everyone's tip for the treble and rightly so. Wire's top side is the strongest in the league. The Giants may well win the LLS without the distraction of 2 extra games.

I don't know anyone tipping them for the 'treble' ?

Warrington Wolves and Huddersfield Giants will go head-to-head in the Tetley's Challenge Cup Quarter Final this Sunday afternoon at The Halliwell Jones Stadium, 4.15pm.
The sides have met twice already this season with the Wolves winning both encounters but there is not much separating the two teams this year sitting just one point apart in second and third on the Super League table.
Recent times have seen the Wolves lift three Challenge Cup trophies in the last four years and each year Warrington have played Huddersfield on the way: 2009 Final, 2010 Fifth Round and 2012 Semi Final.
Wolves' head of coaching and rugby Tony Smith said: "Huddersfield are a dangerous team. They have performed well in Super League this year and they are experiencing their most consistent season so far and they'll certainly be a team that we need to concentrate for the full 80 minutes against. They've got some facets of their game that they are very good at and we need to make sure we handle that as best we can and hopefully try to exploit some areas that aren't their strength."
Wolves Squad

3   Chris Bridge
6   Lee Briers
10 Garreth Carvell
17 Mike Cooper
24 Ben Currie
15 Simon Grix
14 Micky Higham
18 Chris Hill
1   Brett Hodgson
21 Tyrone McCarthy
5   Joel Monaghan
9   Michael Monaghan
8   Adrian Morley
19 Stefan Ratchford
2   Chris Riley
11  Trent Waterhouse
12 Ben Westwood
22  Rhys Williams
16 Paul Wood

It has the makings of a blinder. Would have made a good final.....

The heat is bound to be a factor so a strong kicking game is crucial.

Looking forward to seeing how Brough goes in a big game like this.

Enjoy!!

Another game that could go either way. Too hard to call. Would prefer a Huddersfield win, just to guarantee a different finalist!

Hudd by 4 in a low scoring snoozathon with Ray French under the impression they're playing at Wilderspool.

LOL, he was commentating on radio merseyside carried by 5live sports extra on Monday for the wire v Leeds game and he kept calling lee briers lee burrows.

It worries me this one. We need to be milrs better than last week but I fancy Hudds for this (sorry Browny!)

Ah the famous "I don't think we'll win" bluff ;)

Nah, We'll win, don't worry, just enjoy a great game of rugby.

May the best team win.

I'd rather lose at the 1/4 than the semi or the final.

I'm impressed with you lot this year and as wellsy says, the cup needs new finalists.

We need to win one of three this year, if rather do it sooner than later lol

Just hope the Giants can perform on this stage against Wire and the two teams do the game proud :)

It's going to be a classic I can feel it. Brough drop goal in the dying minutes of the game to win it for the giants.

Ah gods I feel nervous

Too many years of being a fartowner tell me we will blow it

It's going to be a classic I can feel it. Brough drop goal in the dying minutes of the game to win it for the giants.

Broughheart

Ah gods I feel nervous

Too many years of being a fartowner tell me we will blow it

I don't care what anybody else thinks, nothing beats a Challenge Cup match, had butterflies for the last hour or two - a brilliant cup, let's hope for a brilliant game!

I might be wrong here but surely Ray French is overegging the fact that Wire have a good deal of players in their 30s. Things have moved on from 20 years ago even though someone like Steve Menzies still stands out. There aren't too many players I'd rather have on the field in a tight situation in the last 10 minutes than Lee Briers whatever the conditions.

Lovely piece of skill. Very good start to the game, Wire started better, but the defence from both teams shows they are up for it!

And Waterhouse scores the second try to put Wire 10-0 up. Poor defence from the Giants.

What do forum members think of Chappers?

And Waterhouse scores the second try to put Wire 10-0 up. Poor defence from the Giants.

What do forum members think of Chappers?

I like him, I like the casual presentation style of the BBC rather than the suit and tie approach from Sky.

Great start from wire......they're fired up for this and hudds haven't had a look in so far

Great start, well up for this!

Clearly no obstruction, Waterhouse actually steps back, Higham used the man well, but that's not an infringement, dunno why Davies wants to see that again.

16 nil.