Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

League Express

14/07/13 - (CCQF) Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants - KO 4.15pm (BBC)

Who will win?   18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 1 to 6 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 7 to 12 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

152 posts in this topic

I find the BBC camerawork appalling. The close ups at the play the ball are reasonable but then the camera retreats to the back row of the stand. The players are so small that I have difficulty in spotting who has the ball. 

If this is an example of BBC coverage of the World Cup it will be a disaster..

Huddersfield need to score the first try in the second half or I can see their heads going down.

I'd slightly disagree with that. Twice Warrington have ripped the ball out and twice got away with it; one resulted in a try. The other was the Huddersfield offside decision on their own line. Baffling decision considering the side on angle didn't show any offside; scored too! 

That said, Warrignton thoroughly deserve their lead!

One was after I posted this, not sure of the other you are referring to.

The replay wasn't even shown properly so not sure you can say there was no offside. Let's be hionest, teams get away with more offsides than they are pinged for, so I'm pretty sure the ref/linesman hasn't just invented that one.

How was that a knock on?......bal went backwards from the impact of the wire tackler

Doesn't look good for Lunt.

From a Wire pov, it's nice to see Briers taking control of a game again. He seems to have been sitting back in recent weeks.

How was that a knock on?......bal went backwards from the impact of the wire tackler

That's what I thought too unless the ball came off McGillvary onto the Warrington player but the replay was from sixty yards away so it was difficult to see. The try came off a forward pass from Bridge. How can the TJ not see that Monaghan is on front of Bridge when the ball is released?

That's what I thought too unless the ball came off McGillvary onto the Warrington player but the replay was from sixty yards away so it was difficult to see. The try came off a forward pass from Bridge. How can the TJ not see that Monaghan is on front of Bridge when the ball is released?

I think it's tough when the ruling is to look at how it comes out of the hands. The ball was flicked out of the back of his hands, but it is impossible to argue that the ball didn;t travel forwards!

When did Hudds take their fullback off?

When did Hudds take their fullback off?

Maybe he's hiding with Danny Brough ;-)

Nothing 50/50 going our way but we've just been well below our ability from kick off

Why when we can beat anyone else can we not beat wire

Some lovely link play, offloads and stepping. 

This game just shows that Wolves are doing a Leeds and managing the SL season. They were on second gear against Leeds last week and still won, they have took it up a level or 2 today!

This game just shows that Wolves are doing a Leeds and managing the SL season. They were on second gear against Leeds last week and still won, they have took it up a level or 2 today!

I hardly think being 2 points behind the League Leaders is managing it.

chuffed about this result - detest huddersfield

Are you sure?? I'm a wire fan

I think Huddersfield's tactic of trying to move us around the park was a bad one. In an open game where passes stick it is hard to beat us.

Nothing 50/50 going our way but we've just been well below our ability from kick off

Why when we can beat anyone else can we not beat wire

Because you're not as good a side as your league position suggests IMO.

Just saw a bottle of beer being thrown on the pitch with a load of booing, not sure if tehre was some crowd trouble.

Because you're not as good a side as your league position suggests IMO.

Dicked you three times with ease though

Beaten everyone else in the league

League position doesn't lie does it