Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

League Express

14/07/13 - (CCQF) Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants - KO 4.15pm (BBC)

Who will win?   18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 1 to 6 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 7 to 12 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

152 posts in this topic

Bridge's pass for the Monaghan try

Absolutely nothing wrong with that pass

bridge1.jpg

bridge1.jpg

Having a Video Ref can be tough enough, but I'm not convinced a photo ref will ever work!

bridge1.jpg

Monaghan is clearly in front of Bridge in that photo. Thanks for clearing that up Gary.

Wire were superb, some real champagne rugby on show. Not a coontest but a really good spectacle.

Briers for Wales! He could light up the World Cup.

Bridge looked international class again to me, certainly compared to Cudjoe.

I was puzzled by the so called semi final draw, as had assumed they were awarding the Cup to the winning tea straight away. :)

Monaghan is clearly in front of Bridge in that photo. Thanks for clearing that up Gary.

Hes actually about 6 inch behind Bridge, its the angle which makes him look in front, i spoke to the man who knows and he said Bridge clearly propelled the ball rearwards out of his his hand and behind himself, the shape and direction of Bridges passing hand backs this up

Aargh!

Hudds didn't give themselves a fighting chance with the number of knock ons in both halves, particularly early on when they got no momentum at all because of the mistakes. Brough had little to work from because of this and he was also pressured well by the Wire defence. Wire's line speed was faster than Hudds I thought but haven't seen the TV coverage yet; then again they didn't have to anywhere near as much tackling!

I was worried when Hudds were flat against Hull last week but I didn't expect such a poor performance.

Well done Wire. A thoroughly deserved win.

Hes actually about 6 inch behind Bridge, its the angle which makes him look in front, i spoke to the man who knows and he said Bridge clearly propelled the ball rearwards out of his his hand and behind himself, the shape and direction of Bridges passing hand backs this up

It certainly looked forwards on the TV replay. You can't tell what angle Bridge's hand is in relation to Monaghan from the photo. The way Bridge is twisted it would still be possible to look like the ball left Bridge's hand backwards but the ball could still travel forwards.

It certainly looked forwards on the TV replay. You can't tell what angle Bridge's hand is in relation to Monaghan from the photo. The way Bridge is twisted it would still be possible to look like the ball left Bridge's hand backwards but the ball could still travel forwards.

T - R - Y

I don't think one try made all that much difference,Huddersfield were never in the game.

I don't think one try made all that much difference,Huddersfield were never in the game.

I wouldn't argue with that but that doesn't make the decision right.

Warrington to gain large amount of metres through the middle ..... AGAIN and win by 12 pts.

If Anderson gameplan stops wires getting large amount of metres, wires will throw it about and the game will be close, maybe decided in the last few mins

Best wishes to the Huddersfield fans travelling over.... Enjoy

Easy yards again.

With the extended period of lovely hot weather, could Sunday be the survival of the fittest ??

If so, my money's on the wires

Would like to know people's thoughts?

A make shift centre shows cudjoe isn't international class and brough isn't good enough when it matters.

Good call and many thanks, I'm so looking forward to this game.... I've loved wembley over the last few years and ive said I'd swap them all for a GF * but 3 days away from the game, I've changed my opinion, Wembley is amazing!!!

* win

Only hull in our way, Royboy and OF may the best team win, one way or the other I'll be supporting one of us.

Nah, We'll win, don't worry, just enjoy a great game of rugby.

May the best team win.

I'd rather lose at the 1/4 than the semi or the final.

I'm impressed with you lot this year and as wellsy says, the cup needs new finalists.

Hope we now win it

Wire were different class, Their forwards were just too fast and too strong, When your pack is beaten to the extent that ours were ,your half backs are on a hiding to nothing, Whoever it was that said Forwards win the game , backs decide by how much, got it exactly right. It's looking like a Wigan Wolves final now and it would probably be the best game , but if the wolves v Hull game is at Huddersfield i shall be there shouting for Hull,

Well done Wolves that was a class performance, and the final score flattered us IMO, Just hope Lunt is OK.

I wouldn't argue with that but that doesn't make the decision right.

True it doesn't but it really didn't have a bearing on the game,so is it really worth debating?

Wire were different class, Their forwards were just too fast and too strong, When your pack is beaten to the extent that ours were ,your half backs are on a hiding to nothing, Whoever it was that said Forwards win the game , backs decide by how much, got it exactly right. It's looking like a Wigan Wolves final now and it would probably be the best game , but if the wolves v Hull game is at Huddersfield i shall be there shouting for Hull,

Well done Wolves that was a class performance, and the final score flattered us IMO, Just hope Lunt is OK.

Sorry about that PCs gone loopy

I think it's the forum as there are a few problems here and there.  I'm posting but the post doesn't look posted on my screen, for example.

It did look forward on TV but it always does when the passer is tackled straight away. The ball did travel forward but that doesn't automatically mean it was a forward pass.

It did look forward on TV but it always does when the passer is tackled straight away. The ball did travel forward but that doesn't automatically mean it was a forward pass.

It doesn't mean it wasn't a forward pass either.

It doesn't mean it wasn't a forward pass either.

T - R - Y

If the first 20 mins taught Paul Anderson one thing, it has to be not to call referees and touch judges muppets if they are to officiate in your team's game the following week.

Absolutely bang on there! I said exactly the same thing walking out of the stadium.

Well done Wire, Hudds are a good team but that's 3 comfortable wins against them this season now. We seem to have their number!

Well done Wire, Hudds are a good team but that's 3 comfortable wins against them this season now. We seem to have their number!

You certainly do - we're like rabbits caught in the headlights.