Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

League Express

15/07/13 - (CCQF) Wigan Warriors v Widnes Vikings - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Widnes Vikings by 1 to 6 points
    • Widnes Vikings by 7 to 12 points
    • Widnes Vikings by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

79 posts in this topic

Like Wigan are gonna get pulled for a forward pass at the DW.

Telescope Tony stays strangely quiet.

Like Wigan are gonna get pulled for a forward pass at the DW.

Shame on you!

I must say, considering the complete lack of competitive action from early on, and the many mistakes, the commentators have been refreshingly entertaining. We have just been faster, and made fewer errors.

Dave, you can't surely penalise the tackler for making a good tackle and forcing the ball out. It was poor play by handbury, he was too slow and hesitant in making the pass.

My issue is more with the rule. The interpretation appears to be that if he had touched the ball after the pass then it's a knock on, yet that doesn't make much sense to me. If a player is not looking at the ball then it is the same thing whether a player is holding it or just passed it.

They made the changes as defenders were attacking the ball but not looking at it and it became difficult to judge, if Hanbury had released the ball a second earlier and it touched Smith's hands then it would have been disallowed, even though the defenders intentions were exactly the same.

What a load of rubbish - I'm sorry but this is ment to be top class rugby league !! God for bid a cup quarter final

Why doesn't someone with a microphone point out it's the pressure from the Wigan defence that has created most, if not all, the Widnes errors that have led to Wigan's tries.

Jeez, Widnes need to do a bit of hard work instead of all the fancy trick plays!

Why doesn't someone with a microphone point out it's the pressure from the Wigan defence that has created most, if not all, the Widnes errors that have led to Wigan's tries.

TBH I think Widnes have been their own worst enemies, they have actually made a lot of breaks. Wigan's defence has just done their job, it's not like they have been aggressive and bullied Widnes, they have simply held their position and allowed Widnes to make their mistakes as they have played the game tactically wrong. Charnley took his tries very well.

I've been getting some negative texts from my mates about this game but at least they're watching on a Monday night. A shame it couldn't have been more of a spectacle with a better crowd but Wigan have punished the numerous Widnes errors and the Vikings have been guilty of overplaying against one of the top sides in the country.

Great defence there and look how the other Wigan players acknowledge it as well. Charnley is outstanding - can't wait to see him in the World Cup.

Jesus Christ this is embarrassing - watch the 4 quarters again and compare them to 5/6 years ago -- no comparison - some awful sides in super league I'm afraid - getting bored of it being in the tv

Don't talk wet.

The current league positions show that the QF's were made up of:

1st

2nd

3rd

5th

8th

11th

14th

15th

Hardly the best line up ever, a lot of it down to the luck of the draw.

Jeez, Widnes need to do a bit of hard work instead of all the fancy trick plays!

Couldn't agree more!

Charnley is a cheeky little ###### and that is what makes him a class player and someone the game needs to get in the media more.

Did you see that O F? Did you?

Aye, you woz wobbed!

Did you see that O F? Did you?

:D

First in six years! ;)

Aye, you woz wobbed!

Thaler upped his game after your stinging criticism.

Telescope Tony stays strangely quiet.

Eh?  :notme:

What have I missed? Not watching the game. Working. And I haven't got a telescope.  :scout:

Eh? :notme:

What have I missed? Not watching the game. Working. And I haven't got a telescope. :scout:

No, it was most unfair of the judge to order it to be confiscated.

How are those new binoculars?

Widnes were awful tonight. They gave away half those tries and seemed to be playing ridiculous catch up rugby too early. Some of there players didn't look interested either, and Hanbury seemed a very selfish player and is Mellor incapable of dropping on a ball!?

Still, I think it leaves us with some interesting semi finals and potentially a great final!

Still, I think it leaves us with some interesting semi finals and potentially a great final!

And just how many semi finals do you think there are going to be?

Eh?  :notme:

What have I missed? Not watching the game. Working. And I haven't got a telescope.  :scout:

Think of it as a compliment, Tony.

And just how many semi finals do you think there are going to be?

More than one.

we were dreadful at times and no team can be allowed to give wigan such a start, they were ruthless in their execution of our mistakes, all shaping up for a pies v wire final again. as for joey mellor the lad made one mistake which unfortunately led to a try, and i bet 95% of teams in super league would love to have the greedy rhys hanbury..................that said my widnes man of the match was the brilliant phil joseph, if there is a better impact prop in the top flight this season i have yeat to see him.....

It's always interesting to watch the interplay of the 5 key play makers. I think Wigan are so much stronger when O'Loughlin plays, but am not sure why. Maybe I don't understand the game well enough.

If Sky think we were resting players with next Monday's ambush in mind, they will have a shock when we turn out our A team again.

It's always interesting to watch the interplay of the 5 key play makers. I think Wigan are so much stronger when O'Loughlin plays, but am not sure why. Maybe I don't understand the game well enough.

If Sky think we were resting players with next Monday's ambush in mind, they will have a shock when we turn out our A team again.

I think it could because he plays a bit of a dual role; willing and able to mix it in the forward battle, but also able to play as an extra link player when needed. Must be tricky for defences to pin him down as you're never quite sure what he will do.