Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

League Express

15/07/13 - (CCQF) Wigan Warriors v Widnes Vikings - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Widnes Vikings by 1 to 6 points
    • Widnes Vikings by 7 to 12 points
    • Widnes Vikings by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

79 posts in this topic

I think it could because he plays a bit of a dual role; willing and able to mix it in the forward battle, but also able to play as an extra link player when needed. Must be tricky for defences to pin him down as you're never quite sure what he will do.

I think if you're a betting man, a couple of quid on a few head high tackles is a banker. :biggrin:

I think if you're a betting man, a couple of quid on a few head high tackles is a banker.

His technique has got much better over the last couple of years and doesn't come up with very many these days. But then again he did get pinged for one early on last night, just for old times sake :)

He only does them now out of a sense of duty to the fans who have followd him over the years. It's his version of Don McLean playing American Pie long after he has begun to hate the thing. When I took my auntie to see him play in Southport a few years ago, he introduced AP with "if I'd known I'd have to play this every night for the rest of my life I would not have written it..." which brought a chorus of furrowed brows from his adoring fans.

He only does them now out of a sense of duty to the fans who have followd him over the years. It's his version of Don McLean playing American Pie long after he has begun to hate the thing. When I took my auntie to see him play in Southport a few years ago, he introduced AP with "if I'd known I'd have to play this every night for the rest of my life I would not have written it..." which brought a chorus of furrowed brows from his adoring fans.

".... Those good old boys were eating wonderful pies...."