Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
League Express

The never-ending League Restructure debate (Many merged threads)

4,790 posts in this topic

P and r 1 up one down for me, Toulouse in and protected for five years. Champ grand final will be massive, cru promoted within 3 years!

Bad news in my book. Small minded and shows a scared mentality.

Rubbish

great news - hope they go for the option of the half way split as well 
as for toulouse - they didnt do much on their last venture so ludicrous that they should be put in the SL and protected 
if they want to have a crack then fine but they should start at the bottom 

Bad news in my book. Small minded and shows a scared mentality.

Rubbish

Correct

Bye bye expansion

edited because I can't be bothered having this argument again.

Edited by nadera78

Game steps back a decade

A terrible, short sighted decision that has ignored all evidence and previous experience

Good old Sid and Doris! You were right after all. Bring it on!

What's their surname again?

The self serving parochials have made their bed let them lie in it. I just hope there's a game to enjoy in the not too distant future

Will it stop the whingeing about how unfair everything is? No doubt there'll be something else

Disaster.

Now the 'least bad' option is the rubbish we had for years and ruined club after club. The worst option is, well, awful.

Yeah, when 6 clubs utterly dominate the game with the rest yoyoing up and down they will demand some kind of change

I honestly don't really give a toss one way or another what the format is, I'd just quite like us to decide on it, then leave well alone for ages and bloody ages. We never know what the best format is because it's never left long enough to find its feet as it were.

Oh, and if we try and get 27 league games out of it I'll be less than pleased.

12 is still 2 too many.

Sometimes I'd really like a *shakes head slowly in frustration* smiley, this one will have to do. :banghead:

So if Toulouse come in three to be relegated?

I'd delay Toulouse by a couple of years. Three clubs is too many to chuck out at once IMO

What's their surname again?

The self serving parochials have made their bed let them lie in it. I just hope there's a game to enjoy in the not too distant future

Will it stop the whingeing about how unfair everything is? No doubt there'll be something else

and here`s me thinking it was the S/L clubs that had voted for it

Coming soon: Back to winter, unlimited tackles and proper scrums.

Now I can say this at last. The game is a laughing stock.

Small time sport for small time people. Enjoy.

As long as a robust criteria is set for promotion (a la RFU) then this is great news.

It will breathe new life in to the Championships, and with 6 clubs all but prepared for the step up we should see some cracking games over the next few years@

What about teams in Championship One then?

There will still be P&R from Championship into Championship 1.

The game isn't big enough and hasn't got enough fans to exclude clubs, especially clubs in the heartlands where the games got its biggest following.

It seems to me that a lot of people on here want a closed shop sl with some expansion teams getting chucked in every few year replacing some of the smaller teams. To me that's just going to alienate fans in the championship when there clubs have nothing to play for and they'll just stop going. Clubs will either end up being feeder clubs or going bust. Plus surely it would be better for a club like Toulouse to come up through the championship than just being chucked into sl at the depend?

For me we need some form of p&r but with minimum standards where if you win your league and meet the standards set you get promoted, no applying and getting knocked back. Raise the cap in the cc so that the clubs that can afford to spend more can so there's not as big a jump to make if they do make sl, and introduce teams like Toulouse into the cc, give them the same chance of getting sl as everyone else. Give clubs something to fight for and it would make for more intense games IMO

Oh dear.

I hope we win this world cup with all of the great young players we have, because they can kiss goodbye to their chances from now on.

As long as a robust criteria is set for promotion (a la RFU) then this is great news.

It will breathe new life in to the Championships, and with 6 clubs all but prepared for the step up we should see some cracking games over the next few years@

I agree completely with this, while the current system has helped push clubs to getting there houses in order there's still no guarantee of promotion from the cc. Promotion with minimum standard would be the way to go for me

I agree completely with this, while the current system has helped push clubs to getting there houses in order there's still no guarantee of promotion from the cc. Promotion with minimum standard would be the way to go for me

I suppose that is better than the discredited previous system

But it's just going to confine the game to its ghetto for the foreseeable future I'm afraid

Roll out the stereotypes