The never-ending League Restructure debate (Many merged threads)

Looks like split season definitely on

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 3x8 bit is so ###### its untrue..

im awaiting what happens to the teams not in the top 24

Two regional divisions apparently. One quite big, the other quite small.

I've no idea how they'll manage the transfer of clubs between these divisions whilst maintaining a regional split. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Two regional divisions apparently. One quite big, the other quite small.

I've no idea how they'll manage the transfer of clubs between these divisions whilst maintaining a regional split. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

why have it all in such a mess??

2x12 then 3x8 then 2 leagues with uneven numbers??

whats wrong with

super league 12 teams

championship 12 teams

championship1 14 teams

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

@TheRFL: Solly: 10 team SL & 10 team Champs also not considered an option due to fatigue factor due to frequency of games v same teams

Don't we still get repeat fixtures anyway?

I'm really trying hard to warm to these ideas but I'm not really managing it. The only consolation is that at least a decision has been made and we can just get on with it.

championship 1 news

Floor: How will Champ 1 fixtures work?

Solly: Clubs will be consulted. We will work to try and give them enough competitive games to meet their needs while trying to limit extensive travel, have loop fixtures regionalised etc

and thats that........now back to talking about super league

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

A reduction in full-time academies.  *sigh*  Centres of excellence run by local colleges *sigh*

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Do you ever have days where you think someone is having a good laugh at your expense?

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Comments coming from Solly and Rimmer failing to get me excited about this. I think the worst thing about this switch to 3x8s is going to be Eddie Hemmings insisting on attempting to explain it every week on SKYs RL coverage!.. that and Stevo on backchat tonight..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

What it shows is, apart from the structure, absolutely nothing has been thought through. Just about every major issue is "a matter for discussion" at the moment. Basically they've come up with an idea for a structure and are now trying to make everything else fit regardless of pros and cons. No planning or appraisal process has been applied. Quite frankly I wouldn't trust this lot to run a market stall.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

None of the problems raised over the last few months seem to have been addressed properly. At one time I thought this was a ridiculous proposal, now I think it's insane.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Comments coming from Solly and Rimmer failing to get me excited about this. I think the worst thing about this switch to 3x8s is going to be Eddie Hemmings insisting on attempting to explain it every week on SKYs RL coverage!.. that and Stevo on backchat tonight..

I really dislike this proposal and haven't made any secret of it but, knowing both of the people named above, I know a LOT of thought will have gone into this.

I still don't like it but, knowing Blake, the research going into it will have been incredibly in depth.

What it shows is, apart from the structure, absolutely nothing has been thought through. Just about every major issue is "a matter for discussion" at the moment. Basically they've come up with an idea for a structure and are now trying to make everything else fit regardless of pros and cons. No planning or appraisal process has been applied. Quite frankly I wouldn't trust this lot to run a market stall.

Who makes the decision? Ralph Rimmer as an individual or is every club including Gloucester given a say/vote??

If this is management by commitee then you know what you get with that.

Who do you mean by "this lot"??

When asked about a sliding scale of funding in SL2 and why it wasn't the same in SL1 the reply was to bring the top of SL2 closer to Sl1 but if they did the sliding scale in SL1 there would be a distortion. When a similar point was raised about a top Championship club getting £500k+ and a lower club getting say £150k the reply was that the lower club had to work harder to get further up the league in the following season. That's all very well when you are already setting off at least £350k behind!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Okay, so now we know what they've been up to. Does anyone have the following 2 telephone numbers?

The Egyptian Army (they are on facebook if no one knows this)

Mr R Lewis (last seen in the SW18 area of London)

There is a precedent for stepping in to depose an incompetent leader, these people get the job done!

There is almost nothing about these proposals that is not a retrograde step - I expect to see Kevin Sinfield in a British Coal era GB shirt and the new three ring circus being sponsored by Stones Bitter

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

Just to add that the measures to appease the 'community game' (read BARLA blazers) smack of the tail wagging the dog (again).

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

Just to add that the measures to appease the 'community game' (read BARLA blazers) smack of the tail wagging the dog (again).

I actually thought they were some of the better proposals. The current scholarship/academy system causes massive damage to the grassroots

The NRL takes two big steps forward and the RFL runs backwards towards the jungle.

I just cannot understand how this can be happening. They're going to kill the pro game in the UK.

I actually thought they were some of the better proposals. The current scholarship/academy system causes massive damage to the grassroots

It depends on where the best coaches and structures are, if they are not with the elite academies we should be moving heaven and earth to get them into the elite academies in my opinion. It is all about creating an elite that can finally deliver, if we can do that then we will attract thousands more kids into the game, if we aim for fairness and equanimity we will achieve mediocrity

The NRL takes two big steps forward and the RFL runs backwards towards the jungle.

I just cannot understand how this can be happening. They're going to kill the pro game in the UK.

I agree I wish we had taken the billion pound TV deal we were offered.

When asked about a sliding scale of funding in SL2 and why it wasn't the same in SL1 the reply was to bring the top of SL2 closer to Sl1 but if they did the sliding scale in SL1 there would be a distortion. When a similar point was raised about a top Championship club getting £500k+ and a lower club getting say £150k the reply was that the lower club had to work harder to get further up the league in the following season. That's all very well when you are already setting off at least £350k behind!!!!

Indeed, but maybe the driving factor here is saving Superleague and after SL1 and the promotion candidates the rest are bit part players?