Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Team for Swinton at home.

130 posts in this topic

When was the last time he played back to back games lately he's been getting one here and there.

Doncaster (H) 26th May Lost, Keighley (A) 30th May Lost.

and a previous sequence:

York (A) 10th March Lost, Batley (H) 17th March Lost, Leigh (A) Lost, Haven (H) Won.

and an even earlier sequence:

Swinton (A) 3rd February Won, Halifax (H) 10th February Lost, Doncaster (A) 17th February Lost

Im sure you'll have a good response and make a good argument as these are only factual statistics ;)

Well we didn't sign kayne conner to sit on the 18th kicking cone did we, thus he will be in the 17 next weel

All them loses you showed it wasn't he fault we lost was it yes he maybe has a couple bad games but who's doesnt

I never said it was his fault.

Ive already said he had a decent game against Dewsbury, He is only the 3rd best scrum half at the club in my humble opinion of what games ive watched and played in over the years, fair enough if the other 2 are not performing but Callum is on fire and I prefer him at 7 with luppy at 6 and im starting to like the look of Connor (in a rugby way mind).

Im sure Forber is in the squad for cover and does provide that adequately from time to time.

My point is, you have to play your best players in their best positions whenever possible.

There for: 6, Luppy, 7, Callum, 9, Matty and 13, Olstrum.

There maybe an argument there that Luppy's best position is 13 but I like him at 6, what he lacks in pace he makes up for in experience and also brings the best out of callums amazing talent at 7.

Only my opinion obviously as im not the coach but this is a forum isn't it?????????????

I never said it was his fault.

Ive already said he had a decent game against Dewsbury, He is only the 3rd best scrum half at the club in my humble opinion of what games ive watched and played in over the years, fair enough if the other 2 are not performing but Callum is on fire and I prefer him at 7 with luppy at 6 and im starting to like the look of Connor (in a rugby way mind).

Im sure Forber is in the squad for cover and does provide that adequately from time to time.

My point is, you have to play your best players in their best positions whenever possible.

There for: 6, Luppy, 7, Callum, 9, Matty and 13, Olstrum.

There maybe an argument there that Luppy's best position is 13 but I like him at 6, what he lacks in pace he makes up for in experience and also brings the best out of callums amazing talent at 7.

Only my opinion obviously as im not the coach but this is a forum isn't it?????????????

I'm not saying your not entitled to your opinion everyone is. I like Callum and luppy at 6 and 7 I just think forber deserves to play after he's performance last week.

I'm not saying your not entitled to your opinion everyone is. I like Callum and luppy at 6 and 7 I just think forber deserves to play after he's performance last week.

1 in about 7 games he has a decent game Lupton n Callum for me

1 in about 7 games he has a decent game Lupton n Callum for me

I concur.

As ive said, hes adequate cover but too inconsistent for a regular place...... unfortunately

In the fev batley Sheffield 7 days all of the squad will be playing not just the half backs

Think this is a must win game for Town as you've got a very tough week after this game. Also think Swinton will be looking at this game as one to target for a win. They had hard luck yesterday, a lot could also depend on how Warrington view this game as well. Touch and go and could go either way.

if town perform we should be winning by 20-30 points. warrington have a few players injured so there wont be many available for swinton. and surely at home to keighley was a bigger game to target than town away.

Another quite snidey , superior comment while looking like youre trying not to be . They're good at that . We weren't gonna beat Dewsbury either , gee everything's a struggle for us .

Another quite snidey , superior comment while looking like youre trying not to be . They're good at that . We weren't gonna beat Dewsbury either , gee everything's a struggle for us .

Swinton had terrible luck shipping 7 tries straight in just half an hour . We musta been dead unlucky at Fev ?

Didnt you know they are worldbeaters now david lol

no just batley beaters.......

The league table still looks good for us with only 17 played .

Oh sorry forgot to mention Town are absolutely brilliant, you've the best pack of forwards in RL and Swinton needn't bother turning up as you make DP a fortress.

There does that make you feel better now.

please just hammer the wolves reserves guys :clapping: 

(no disrespect to the Lions just a selfish wish for the Raiders)

(Oh and to the Haven posters please win well at York ;) )

Lee

(Oh and to the Haven posters please win well at York ;) )

Think we'll struggle to win to be honest, never mind win well.

Think we'll struggle to win to be honest, never mind win well.

york 30 haven 16. town 34 swinton 20. No easy games in this league.

york 30 haven 16. town 34 swinton 20. No easy games in this league.

town 42 swinton 16. york 18 haven 26.

it says in the paper that connor is back, but dosent mention olstrum,so maybe he does have the hanf injury. it also says thacks and calderwood are back in contention. surely we will stick with paddy flynn after his tries vs deswbury, and calders is just too much of a liability. thacks in for lawton and connor in for forber from the dewsbury game. i certainly would keep the back as they were

I'd keep hold of Lawton if available , he's just starting to hit his straps for us and has some freakish skills in the box for a big fella . He has a bit of an xfactor . If Thacks is back may be tough luck on Shacks .