Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Team for Swinton at home.

130 posts in this topic

Match Officials for Sunday

Ref: T Crashley

Touch J: J Lowery

Touch J: P Stockman

Reserve: C Etchells

M Com: P Gilmour

I'd keep hold of Lawton if available , he's just starting to hit his straps for us and has some freakish skills in the box for a big fella . He has a bit of an xfactor . If Thacks is back may be tough luck on Shacks .

i thought shacks had a far better game than lawton vs dewsbury, i also think shacks has had a better last couple of games than walne as well.i think hes really coming on now hes moved to prop. plus lawton played last night for widnes so i doubt hell be available for us.

Lawton played well last night so I'd guess he will be in widnes squad this weekend

Shacks is solid but Lawton created two tries , and I'm always looking for guys who are gonna put their hand up and do something to help win the game ... Create or score or produce a great play out of nowhere .I think he has that in him . I want four guys on my bench who can all come on and turn a game or turn the screw on an already good position with quality play . Honestly I think Shacks is good cover in this league , just my opinion . But if the big lads playing for Widnes its a non argument !! I'd happily take Shacks then , its a sign of strong competition . It's in no way a negative comparing him to the guys around him .

would you drop shacks before thacks and dowes? i wouldnt. in fact i would say thacks is the one who should miss out. if all 17 are available who beat dewsbury then i would probably only swap olstrum for forber and move callum to half. but you can guarantee connor will be back in.

I'd play shacks ahead of Dowes , I'd play Connor ahead of Forber . I'll go for ability and potential to do something now n again than steady all along . I would say that none of our issues are in the pack anyway really , we're well served . If Callum is back and Olstrum is fit where do they put Connor then ?

Maybe keep it same as the dewsbury one was with only olstrom in for lawton

Yep , we can give pelters to the coach but I wouldn't want the job !!!!

I'd drop dowes. I have to say he is disappointment of the season so far IMO.

I'd drop dowes. I have to say he is disappointment of the season so far IMO.

hes been very poor, but he probably had his best game last time out. although he was still probably the worst out the 4 props.

hes been very poor, but he probably had his best game last time out. although he was still probably the worst out the 4 props.

he just hasn't shown any ex- SL form on the pitch at all so far. If it was announced he was packing in or even signing for s' haven I wouldnt be bothered at all.

I wonder if they'll extend Walne's loan again ? Is he worth it ? We're pretty well covered there with the DR , and especially if Thacks is back . And if Rooney is near that means Red gives more back row cover . Dowes has improved with the season but with his pedigree and achievements has been hugely disappointing over the whole term . Cowards been the main prop for me and arguably the best forward all together , he deserves huge praise when you consider where he was barely a year ago .

In my view he's improved quite a bit. As we've seen this season against a number of teams the key isn't necessarily to do something spectacular but play error free rugby. That's the only reason Sheffield and Halifax beat us and Batley stopped us getting a bonus point. He's cut most of those mistakes out and is now playing like many forwards in this league.

In my view he's improved quite a bit. As we've seen this season against a number of teams the key isn't necessarily to do something spectacular but play error free rugby. That's the only reason Sheffield and Halifax beat us and Batley stopped us getting a bonus point. He's cut most of those mistakes out and is now playing like many forwards in this league.

have you seen him break the line once this season?

Not every forward we've seen this season does but it's the ones who play error free rugby that come away with the points generally speaking. The teams that have beaten us at derwent park have outperformed us in the backs rather than the forwards in most cases

If we play a full 80 mins like we did the first 15 against Keighley we will give you a game. Otherwise I can see nothing but a Workington win.

Lions Ian watson banned for two games so will not play on sunday.

Is that good news , or is there a half back on there way in ???

Is that good news , or is there a half back on there way in ???

cant see many being a available from the wolves. myler is out injured, so there low on numbers at half back at the minute

Orbrien?

He's on loan at saints

Watson needn't have bothered getting banned, MacGuiness doesn't play for Town anymore

As previously mentioned, Swinton are struggling to field a half back line-up according to their official web site this morning.

Assistant player-coach Ian Watson starts a two-match ban for standing on an opponent against Sheffield while Craig Harvey has only just returned to training after missing last week's defeat to Keighley. Chaz I'Anson is having a scan on Saturday on a pecs muscle injury but could be available. That leaves Martin Ainscough as the only other recognised half-back.

"Ian is an important player for us so it is a bit of a blow to lose him," said coach Gary Chambers. "We need to see how Chaz and Craig are before deciding what to do at half-back...." Dual-registration players Brad Dwyer, Tyrone McCarthy and Ben Harrison, who featured against Keighley, will not play this week but Danny Bridge will return to the side.

To be honest I'm not that bothered about seeing Thacks or Calders again. Talked big games before the season started but both have been liabilities. Give me a younger prop that wants to run all day (Acton type for e.g.). As for Calders well meh!