Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boxhead

Where is the game heading?

148 posts in this topic

Come off it,when was leeds/bradford,wigan/st helens last known as villages

Wigan Borough has a population higher than 27 Cities in this country and has a massively greater population than the City of London, Wigan town has more than 15 times the population of London City.

Oh no have you only just realised SL is a very weak product?,its actually built on strawberry flavoured jelly foundations.It wobbles about like mad but its quite tasty at times

Rugby League, is not a weak product. In fact it is actually the best sport on our planet.

The fact that it hasn't got much money or drive is a different argument.

Wigan Borough has a population higher than 27 Cities in this country and has a massively greater population than the City of London, Wigan town has more than 15 times the population of London City.

My point exactly

Rugby League, is not a weak product. In fact it is actually the best sport on our planet.

The fact that it hasn't got much money or drive is a different argument.

The on field product is'in general'a very good product at all levels

The on field product is'in general'a very good product at all levels

Er, yes. That would be Rugby League.

Er, yes. That would be Rugby League.

Just to make it easier for you i'll repeat a little bit of what i wrote 3 or 4 posts back 'Oh no have you only just realised SL is a very weak product

Just to make it easier for you i'll repeat a little bit of what i wrote 3 or 4 posts back 'Oh no have you only just realised SL is a very weak product

Oh, I see. You are a proper fan, complete with wit.

Oh, I see. You are a proper fan, complete with wit.

I love the sport of RL,as SL has always thought itself separate to the rest, then tbh ive always treated it that way

I love the sport of RL,as SL has always thought itself separate to the rest, then tbh ive always treated it that way

Well done mate. Your medal presentation is coming soon.

You have an opinion, the above is your opinion.

Lewis was clueless who rode the wave of the housing boom and a labour governments wasteful use of taxpayers money. The going got tough, the easy wins disappeared and he was off into the coasy tearooms of Wimbledon

We have a forum containing many non producers who read well but dont know how to generate sales, they live in a little cocoon back slapping each other whilst spouting their personal sheeeite as fact as they draw their local authority wage/pension- my opinion of course

We don't need administrators we need ballsy sales people to sell our potentially great product for the right price by focussing on its strengths, sack all the pen pushers and ban them from here. Our strengths are tangible, lets not be ashamed of them because they are why people play the game in Hemel and Bristol etc Once we get the right income for the product we create choices but lets not put the cart before the horse and certainly understand we are not a Con or Yank, we have a much longer and prouder history that has shaped us to be what we are

We must make the elite Super, we must increase the FT player pool, we must increase income into the sport, we must expand in France and to do it we must respect and strengthen the foundations

To be fair to Lewis, when he took over the RFL was bankrupt following the 2000 world cup and by the time he left the RFL has been in profit for several years and had a decent bank balance.

if its off sl dont bother it'll only melt as soon as the pressure is on then again it might go well with the strawberry jelly foundations sl is wobbling on

if its off sl dont bother it'll only melt as soon as the pressure is on then again it might go well with the strawberry flavoured jelly foundations sl is wobbling on

Most rational people over here know the game is not as remotely strong as it should be and agree that the game is poorly run. However, it is good to know that the men in charge of the game in your country don't show your views otherwise your competition would be a shadow of what it is now without the likes of the Broncos and Storm plus the may never seen the genius of players like Lockyer, Inglis and Slater. Yeah, good one mate!

The Broncos were already in the ARL Competition, the players you mention would still have been in the game, just with other Teams.

The ARL brought four new teams into the game including Perth and Adelaide and would have made it a truly national game until SL turned them against the ARL.

The Storm only exist because of Newscorp but hardly any of their players are locally developed, Slater, Inglis and company would have been picked up by other Clubs, maybe Adelaide or Perth.

The Broncos were already in the ARL Competition, the players you mention would still have been in the game, just with other Teams.

The ARL brought four new teams into the game including Perth and Adelaide and would have made it a truly national game until SL turned them against the ARL.

The Storm only exist because of Newscorp but hardly any of their players are locally developed, Slater, Inglis and company would have been picked up by other Clubs, maybe Adelaide or Perth.

Perth were in dire financial straits because the NSWRL would only admit them to their comp if they paid all the travel costs of the visiting teams - 1st and reserve grade. That's why they switched to SL.

Adelaide Rams were created by SL.

It isn't about these teams existing its about these teams being realistic about their ambitions. Wigan St.Pats don't have dreams of being an SL club, why? Because they know such a notion is ridiculous. St. Pats still exist though they have a limited ambition and that is to be the best at the level they know they will survive at. They could of course put out masses of press release stating their ambition is to be in SL and to compete with Wigan, it would of course be a waste of paper.

If you are comparing small clubs with no supporters then London Broncos matching Wigan should be a waste of paper. Comparing Wigan St Pats to semi pro clubs like Fev Rovers is just ridiculous.

It didn't sell the Aussies out, it just didn;t side with the half that you wanted it to.

Is that how you see it?

You have the ARL and the English RFL and a media backed break away wants to start its own League to sell pay TV subscriptions and GB  desert their long standing partnership with Australia that has been around since the game started.

You simplify it to taking sides?

Your old friends the ARL or Murdoch and its all good?

That is selling out your friends my friend.

Maybe the games state in the UK now is Karma......

Glad I am not in the Trenches with you mate unless you make a good Sandbag.

Perth were in dire financial straits because the NSWRL would only admit them to their comp if they paid all the travel costs of the visiting teams - 1st and reserve grade. That's why they switched to SL.

Adelaide Rams were created by SL.

Sorry, you are right Adelaide were SL.

The Perth franchise knew the conditions when they entered the game, why is it the ARL's fault they did not do their homework? a smart Club would have has an Airline as a Sponsor to negate the travel costs.

Sorry, you are right Adelaide were SL.

The Perth franchise knew the conditions when they entered the game, why is it the ARL's fault they did not do their homework? a smart Club would have has an Airline as a Sponsor to negate the travel costs.

If you can't even admit that there was fault on both sides then it's not worth discussing it with you.

If you are comparing small clubs with no supporters then London Broncos matching Wigan should be a waste of paper. Comparing Wigan St Pats to semi pro clubs like Fev Rovers is just ridiculous.

Ergo comparing a semi-pro club with a fully pro club is ridiculous.

Is that how you see it?

You have the ARL and the English RFL and a media backed break away wants to start its own League to sell pay TV subscriptions and GB  desert their long standing partnership with Australia that has been around since the game started.

The reality is we didn't have a choice over here. You had two media giants battling for your teams, we had Sky offering us millions to create the SL. This had never happened before, and with hindsight, was absolutely the right thing to do.

If we had said no to the money, would the ARL have covered the £87m on offer to the British game?

Ergo comparing a semi-pro club with a fully pro club is ridiculous.

but we are only semi pro due to not having a licence, with a return to P and R with the investment we are getting then we will become fully pro. I know it hurts but it's a fact, so comparing my semi pro club with a fully pro club is not ridiculous at all. The same can easily be said for clubs like Leigh and Halifax compared to many Fully Pro clubs, so I'm afraid ridiculous is written all over you comments.

Is that how you see it?

You have the ARL and the English RFL and a media backed break away wants to start its own League to sell pay TV subscriptions and GB desert their long standing partnership with Australia that has been around since the game started.

The game in the England is in the best state it's been in my lifetime at least and probably ever.