Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

MPs pay - here we go again

27 posts in this topic

Given that MPs work for less than half a year you need to pro rata it out if you're going to do it that way. 

It's not often that I'm fair to MPs but many do put in serious hours in their constituencies both during the Parliamentary year and the recess.  You even have some like Gordon Brown these days who doesn't sit on the green benches much but is very active in his constituency and pushing ministers.

Then you have the anonymous MPs who are both fairly absent from Parliament and are never seen in their constituencies beyond the bare minimum they can get away with.

Responding to correspondence is easy for them, they delegate it all to a drone/assistant.

It's not often that I'm fair to MPs but many do put in serious hours in their constituencies both during the Parliamentary year and the recess.  You even have some like Gordon Brown these days who doesn't sit on the green benches much but is very active in his constituency and pushing ministers.

Then you have the anonymous MPs who are both fairly absent from Parliament and are never seen in their constituencies beyond the bare minimum they can get away with.

Indeed - I was generalising.