London get their excuses in first.....

Eagletarian

Tony Rea: London Broncos must be on top form against Sheffield

London Broncos head coach Tony Rea says his side will not be over-confident going into their Challenge Cup quarter-final tie at Sheffield Eagles.

The Broncos travel to the Championship side on Friday evening.

He told BBC London 94.9: "We will respect this contest and we know we have to be at our best.

"They have some different threats to what you see in Super League but it is more about us and we need to make sure we stand together as a group."

He added: "We have had a really good look at them and know what they are about.

"It is about how we, collectively, meet the challenges that are coming our way."

The Broncos, who are bottom of Super League, have lost their last four games while the Eagles are unbeaten in 15 games and lead the Championship.

Rea believes the prospect of their last-eight match may have been to blame for his side's recent form.

"In some ways the game may have been in a lot of people's minds," he said.

"I hope it hasn't but I think it may have influenced those starts in the last couple of weeks.

Tony Rea London Broncos head coach

"I think people, subconsciously, might not have been 100 per cent focused with something bigger down the line.

"That has been an annoying and disappointing part of the last couple of weeks."

Rea expects the Broncos, who have beaten Featherstone Rovers and Bradford Bulls to reach this stage, to rise to the occasion at the Don Valley Stadium on Friday night.

"Knockout football is do or die," he said.

"There is no next week and you don't have a choice in those games.

"We have shown incredible toughness and resilience and focus under pressure in all ties and had to fight hard to get to the quarters.

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

eagletarian.gif

Archived