Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

The Privatisation of Royal Mail: Are you ready to deliver your own letters?

38 posts in this topic

Oh christ.

27 million people voted at the last election. 24 million voted for this sort of stuff: further privatisation of the nhs, atos assessments, massive spending cuts, etc etc. The public really don't give a toss who delivers their mail as long as it gets there in timely fashion.

They'll only notice when it stops getting there in a timely fashion. By which time, it'll be too late.

I think from past experience we can be sure that any guarantees on service levels will be forgotten about once the shares have all been sold. Prices will rocket, service levels will fall and there will be nothing anyone can do about it.

My bins are collected by a bit of the council that was sold off, each week, without fail they are collected, even if I don't put the thing "out" as it may not be full.

Actually, people can do lots about it, they can vote for a party that promises to nationalise everything, unfortunately 24m out of 27m are spineless. Then they whinge.

Sorry, not all are spineless, but those who whine about it, then vote for it certainly are.

They'll only notice when it stops getting there in a timely fashion. By which time, it'll be too late.

Then they'll whine and whinge, then come the next election they'll continue to vote for the status quo.

Then they'll whine and whinge, then come the next election they'll continue to vote for the status quo.

I think most people vote out of hope rather than expectation. The actual 'choice' on offer isn't very inspiring.

I think most people vote out of hope rather than expectation. The actual 'choice' on offer isn't very inspiring.

Then they get everything they deserve.

Then they get everything they deserve.

Not really.

People who voted Lib Dem at the last election were voting for a party that campaigned against a rise in tuition fees, for example. But look what happened next.

Not really.

People who voted Lib Dem at the last election were voting for a party that campaigned against a rise in tuition fees, for example. But look what happened next.

Yes, and the results of that won't be known until the next election. Tuition fees were an age ago.

Yes, and the results of that won't be known until the next election. Tuition fees were an age ago.

It's just one example of political parties saying one thing and doing another. You can't blame the voters for that.

My bins are collected by a bit of the council that was sold off, each week, without fail they are collected, even if I don't put the thing "out" as it may not be full.

Actually, people can do lots about it, they can vote for a party that promises to nationalise everything, unfortunately 24m out of 27m are spineless. Then they whinge.

Sorry, not all are spineless, but those who whine about it, then vote for it certainly are.

Pray tell, good sir, just who exactly I should vote for. The only candidates are normally Conservative, Labour, LibDem, Greens, UKIP, BNP and a few independents. Which of those should I trust with my vote?

Your argument of "You voted for them, you deserve them" is simplistic. There are no alternatives unless you are proposing revolution.

It's just one example of political parties saying one thing and doing another. You can't blame the voters for that.

Yes you can, they put them there. Time after time.

The expenses scandal was the perfect opportunity for the electorate to give the "big 3" a kicking, but they didn't.

Pray tell, good sir, just who exactly I should vote for. The only candidates are normally Conservative, Labour, LibDem, Greens, UKIP, BNP and a few independents. Which of those should I trust with my vote?

Your argument of "You voted for them, you deserve them" is simplistic. There are no alternatives unless you are proposing revolution.

Here's a crazy idea, read the manifestos. And not just the front cover to see what colour rosette is on the front.

Here's a crazy idea, read the manifestos. And not just the front cover to see what colour rosette is on the front.

Prediction:

After the next election whoever wins there will be further cuts and promises will be broken.

Thanks.

Here's a fact. They are all the bloody same.

Should I vote SWP? BNP? CPGB? Monster Raving Loony? Apart from the single-issue fringe nutjobs, they are all the same!