Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thirteenthman

Classic Aussie GF's on Premier Sports

10 posts in this topic

Premier are showing some classic Grand Finals next Tuesday and Wednesday, starting with the 1989 Balmain v Canberra game. There's 4 games on Tuesday and 3 games on Wednesday - plus Origin 3, of course!!!

It's just finding time to watch it all! :-)

It's just finding time to watch it all! :-)

Too true. Lucky I've got plenty of room on the old Sky+.

I thought they might have saved all the classic games for the off season as a way to get RL fans to stay with them during the off season.

Is the 89 grand final the one Hanley played in

Is the 89 grand final the one Hanley played in

No, but I was getting my finals mixed up in the original post. Hanley played in the 1988 final for Balmain against Canterbury. Premier are showing the 1989 final between Balmain and Canberra (I originally typed Canterbury, but I've edited it now). In 1989 Hanley played for the Magpies. Apologies for any confusion.

I am pretty sure Edwards and Currier played in the 89 final though..can anyone confirm?

Talking of the 88 Final how the hell did Lamb get away with knocking Hanley out?

Premier are showing some classic Grand Finals next Tuesday and Wednesday, starting with the 1989 Balmain v Canberra game. There's 4 games on Tuesday and 3 games on Wednesday - plus Origin 3, of course!!!

The 89 Grand Final was excellent, as others have been. 

Watched it courtesy of Micron Video (remember them?) who used to put out a weekly VHS tape for hire.  

I managed to avoid the result until the tape arrived.  For those who don't know the result, I won't spoil it, though I will say that the winning try was an emotional moment for me personally.  

Will be a great watch.  

Enjoy! :biggrin:

Talking of the 88 Final how the hell did Lamb get away with knocking Hanley out?

Yeah I saw that...wasn't good.