Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave T

Nationwide RL Hubs - Riley's Bars

38 posts in this topic

No Premier Sports at their club in Stevenage, as I discovered last night.

Riley's. Stevenage.

Some fresh Circle of Hell there.

Have you let them know that this shouldn't be the case?

Riley's. Stevenage.

Incredibly packed car park (which really needs resurfacing, it's worse than the one at Hemel!) but 3 people in!

Have you let them know that this shouldn't be the case?

Email sent to various addresses at RFL and Rileys. Got a response from David Gent saying he would look into it.

We went to the one in Newport on Sunday to try and catch the PNG v France game before we set off home and they didn't have Premier Sports either.

We went to the one in Newport on Sunday to try and catch the PNG v France game before we set off home and they didn't have Premier Sports either.

I've just let them know that too

I know this is probably a disgrace considering we have no Title Sponsor, but the RFL have joined up with Riley's to have hubs where they will show live games on their screens:

http://www.rlwc2013.com/rugby-league-world-news/article/1034/nationwide-rl-hubs-launched-in

I'm hopeful that they will do this in Edinburgh, as whilst I have Premier it will be nice to watch a couple of the games in pubs which can be tough at times up here.

Good stuff if done properly.

What a strange photo on that link!

And it seems there aren't any in Yorkshire except Hull. Nevermind. Fingers crossed it works.

Just to add something here, recently I've been dealing with a local social club about screening some rugby on their TV's over football. Their response surprised me, anyway.

Apparently the RFU subsidise their Sky Sports package on the proviso that Union must take precedence over any other sports if there's a clash.

Wonder if the RFL have tried/could try this. All due respect to Rileys I don't think I would particularly want to go to my local one. Calling it a dive would be kind.

Just to add something here, recently I've been dealing with a local social club about screening some rugby on their TV's over football. Their response surprised me, anyway.

Apparently the RFU subsidise their Sky Sports package on the proviso that Union must take precedence over any other sports if there's a clash.

Wonder if the RFL have tried/could try this. All due respect to Rileys I don't think I would particularly want to go to my local one. Calling it a dive would be kind.

The RFL do subsidise the Sky Sports package for amateur rugby league clubs.

At our clubhouse (which we share with the local resident's association), it's cheaper to get Sky Sports 1-4 than it was for them to just get SS 1-2 before we moved in.

I don't think they have stipulations on what sports should be shown though

Riley's. Stevenage.

I s'pose so, as would be the nearest Riley's to me, Croydon; as excellent a venue in which to obtain a quote to have one's driveway block-paved as that undoubtably is .   :ph34r:

I think I shall just content myself with listening to Radio 5 extra and hang out until the BBC weekend highlight package.

I have had many a good time in Riley's Thornton Heath.

For 'good' read 'drunken and not that aware'.

I have had many a good time in Riley's Thornton Heath.

For 'good' read 'drunken and not that aware'.

Ah, Thornton Heath, Croydon's hipster district. Take that Shoreditch!

Ah, Thornton Heath, Croydon's hipster district. Take that Shoreditch!

Cricky must have changed abit in the last ten years then!  The walk from Thornton Heath train station to "Storm Park" always used to feel like a long, if not briskly paced one!