Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

plug

more investment at featherstone

83 posts in this topic

featherstone rovers are set to get 1 to 2 million pound investment from the 2014 season onwards keeps getting better to be a fev fan

meeting on weds in london with mark fiesel and craig to meet new investers ?? full story on rovers website happy days??

Great news, investment in rugby league is investment in rugby league whether it's in London or featherstone.

Has any decision been made on the salary cap for the 2nd division yet?

I hope it's not still £300k for next year, we need to start building a team that capable of winning promotion in 2015 and competing in 2016.

That's not to say all the brass will be spent on players, there's still plenty of infrastructure that requires funding.

Nice to see they have already invested in a centre of excellence for developing stars of the future, sounds like fev will be playing at the top level in the not too distant future. A club doing it properly from the bottom up

It sounds like more good news for the fev faithful,i hope it all come off for you.Also if fev have the financial ability to go full time or a mixture of pro and semi pro players next season then IMO they should be asking the rfl for a SC exemption ASAP then they dont need to make any rushed decisions later on.

A club doing it properly from the bottom up

I'm delighted at the way investment seems to be going their way, time for them to have their chance after 17 years. But I don't agree that wedges of such as £100K and £1M - £2M is "doing it from the bottom up". Sure they are investing in more than a first team so they are creating a sound base, if that's what you meant, but if and when they get there it will be large private investment that gets them there.

Punctuation and clarity are overrated.

squirm baby squirm ;)

I'm delighted at the way investment seems to be going their way, time for them to have their chance after 17 years. But I don't agree that wedges of such as £100K and £1M - £2M is "doing it from the bottom up". Sure they are investing in more than a first team so they are creating a sound base, if that's what you meant, but if and when they get there it will be large private investment that gets them there.

Same as every team in sl then? End of the day money talks and the only way a team like Fev has got any chance of getting in sl is by buying there way in. Like you say at least we're building a solid base and not just chucking money at the 1st team.

And for what it's worth I still don't think sl will come knocking for us any time soon

Any updates on the stadium, as in photos?

Well done yet again to all concerned. A great club going about its business in exemplary fashion. The future's very bright

Excellent news for fev onwards but unfortunately no matter what I just cannot see upwards, there seems to be too much politics stacked against them same for fax, leigh not so much sheff and also the drop to 12.

Still great news to see such a level of investment in the game which will give more young players the opportunity to progress.

Excellent news for fev onwards but unfortunately no matter what I just cannot see upwards, there seems to be too much politics stacked against them same for fax, leigh not so much sheff and also the drop to 12.

Still great news to see such a level of investment in the game which will give more young players the opportunity to progress.

there seems to be too much politics stacked against them

such as what?  I doubt you can back that victimhood up.

Is this not the old political trick of recycling old money promised as new money promised because circumstances offer you the opportunity to make a  ' new' announcement.

Is this not the old political trick of recycling old money promised as new money promised because circumstances offer you the opportunity to make a ' new' announcement.

Oh dear! Whatever Padge. Is that really all you've got to say about this press release?

Is this not the old political trick of recycling old money promised as new money promised because circumstances offer you the opportunity to make a  ' new' announcement.

In a nutshell no!!!

Is this not the old political trick of recycling old money promised as new money promised because circumstances offer you the opportunity to make a ' new' announcement.

Why whenever there's some good news about Fev you and a few others always come on and make snide coments. For me good news about any club is good news for the game. Fair enough you dont have to be full of praise but if you don't like clubs like Fev doin well then don't coment.

Why whenever there's some good news about Fev you and a few others always come on and make snide coments. For me good news about any club is good news for the game. Fair enough you dont have to be full of praise but if you don't like clubs like Fev doin well then don't coment.

Because they think that we should either merge or have no ambition to be in the same League as there so called great clubs. Time to rise above it P and R is hopefully back, we are securing fresh investment and above all else we are top of the league again. Happy days.

But what is the good news?

It doesn't read like there's any new investment just a confirmation of previously promised funds and a desire to find the best ways of spending it on players and infrastructure.

That is all excellent - genuinely, it is - but it's hardly ground-breaking and it's what you'd expect the club to be doing heading towards 2015 anyway.