Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

plug

more investment at featherstone

83 posts in this topic

He said it at a fans forum several months ago Dave when someone had the nerve to ask him how much he was going to invest. He made it clear that if and when the RFL decided on a transparent pathway via promotion he would then commit himself heavily in trying to make Rovers a force in the game. The club has already had considerable backing from him but going by what he said at the forum the serious business starts here now that P&R appears to have got the nod.

So was he lying last time he said he would be investing heavily, because he made claims of investment before the recent decision?

It says that they are now exploring two options, 1 which has the 8x3 split, and one which has more traditional P&R, so it would appear based on the RFL press release that it will be one of these two options.

Mode traditional p and r? Since when has p and r been traditional. "exploring options" is hardly confirmation.

Mode traditional p and r? Since when has p and r been traditional. "exploring options" is hardly confirmation.

John, I'm not too interested in getting into pedantic debates, you know as well as me what is happening.

We know the options that are still on the table, 2 have been ruled out - down to 10 or staying as is. The two still on the table are the two mentioned.

As for 'more traditional P&R' nobody said traditional to RL, or SL or anything. If I said to somebody 'traditional P&R' they would know what we mean, mainly due to the fact that our biggest sport in this country has P&R.

Read through the threads regarding the proposed new systems and bringing back p&r and there's loads of comments saying the the reactionaries have got there way and that we'll be back to winter rugby being played in front of blokes in their flat caps with whippets, that people who want p&r back are self serving and don't care about the game. Lots of sweeping comments like that.

It just seems to me if you don't agree with the way the game has been run over the last few years you're classed as an ageing dinosaur who doesn't care about the game and that's not the case, it's just that some people don't think that licensing has worked and would like to see it changed. And I think there's certainly an argument to be made that that's the case

that's right, although I'm not too sure there have been many if any references to flat caps and whippets. I think it's a victory for the self interested reactionaries-although referring to flat caps and whippets, isn't my style, and |I don't think it's the style of other people. I think the governing body charged with one of the most difficult jobns in sport have acted in good faith in the same way that they did when licensing was introduced. The result of this has been years of people acting the persecuted victim, bleating continually about fairness, morality, honesty(the last three displaying remarkable levels of hypocrisy) calling the sport and trhe people who run it a laughing stock and so on.

Have a look at what you said in your previous post and my response to it. your reply doesn't actually relate to what either you or I said. I also I think you made sweeping comments yourself

So was he lying last time he said he would be investing heavily, because he made claims of investment before the recent decision?

Dave, I was at the same forum and I have posted my opinions on post 26.

Feisal explained clearly that his strategy would change if the RFL brought back P and R. Less than a week after an RFL announcement he is meeting with the board to plan the new strategy. Hope this helps.

Mode traditional p and r? Since when has p and r been traditional.

it isn't

and even when it was in place it was gerrymandered because it wasn't working

He invested £300k into the club for his shareholding, depends if you class that as 'heavy' investment or not. Don't know if he's put anything further in over and above that.

He invested £300k into the club for his shareholding, depends if you class that as 'heavy' investment or not. Don't know if he's put anything further in over and above that.

http://www.featherstonerovers.net/article.php?id=10205

Back in January there was the 2nd press release about investing, this could be the £300k you refer to, I would class that as substantial in RL terms. 

I was interested in the quote that it wasn't worth investing heavily without P&R, when all the previous releases were about him investing heavily.

Dave, I was at the same forum and I have posted my opinions on post 26.

Feisal explained clearly that his strategy would change if the RFL brought back P and R. Less than a week after an RFL announcement he is meeting with the board to plan the new strategy. Hope this helps.

That's right Ian. Rovers had his considerable backing with their strategy when it was thought they would need to win a licence but things changed and P&R has been on the cards now for many months despite it only being ratified this week, hence his statement at the fans forum. Why would any body in their right mind throw a fortune at it if SL wasn't possible either by licence or promotion?

To the best of my knowledge Feisal has honoured every promise he's made to the club so far and I've no reason to think that he won't see the job through.

But let's be clear - he did invest in the club when there was no P&R?

Also, he has invested in the team - he said so in the press releases - his quote (thanks Ian) saying he would only invest to make them competitive for Championship trophies is, well... exactly what he should be doing isn't it?

Also, he has invested in the team - he said so in the press releases - his quote (thanks Ian) saying he would only invest to make them competitive for Championship trophies is, well... exactly what he should be doing isn't it?

Yes he definitely did Dave. I thought I'd explained that above. We were on course to get a licence according to sources at the club and Feisal bought into that and funded the signing of players to hopefully make Rovers as good as they could be as a Championship club.

Yes he definitely did Dave. I thought I'd explained that above. We were on course to get a licence according to sources at the club and Feisal bought into that and funded the signing of players to hopefully make Rovers as good as they could be as a Championship club.

Thanks, I have been dipping in and out of this thread so may have missed some things.

My questions were around the fact that you stated that he didn;t want to heavily invest until P&R was back, yet tbh he has been heavily investing already. He may now be stepping it up, but for the last 12months he has been talking about investing in the infrastructure through sponsorship and then investment.

What is he now going to invest £1-2m in? I assume there will still be a salary cap preventing OTT player investment?

Anyway, apart from all that, good news, as is any investment in RL.

He did make his initial investment when there was publicly no P&R. We've no idea how long these proposals have been talked about behind closed doors.

He needs to strike a balance with his investment between improving staff and spectator facilities, the playing squad and revenue generating infrastructure.

He seems a pretty astute bloke, no reason to doubt he can achieve this.

Apologies for the multiples error on posting, blimey you take an age to reply then 5 come along at once!

there seems to be too much politics stacked against them

such as what? I doubt you can back that victimhood up.

It's not victimisation, it's the situation it stems from being à team geographically trapped in an area with two 'larger' teams and the fact that rather than expanding the size of sl it is going to contract simple no room at the top.

The political overtures I mention stem from the obvious reluctance at the rfl to add more teams to sl.

I'm delighted at the way investment seems to be going their way, time for them to have their chance after 17 years. But I don't agree that wedges of such as £100K and £1M - £2M is "doing it from the bottom up". Sure they are investing in more than a first team so they are creating a sound base, if that's what you meant, but if and when they get there it will be large private investment that gets them there.

Starting out from CC1 and getting to Sl via p and r. as opposed to  being artificially boosted into the competition via a licence.This method is known as bottom up 

ah the same featherstone fans who made all the snide comments about widnes being bank rolled by steve o'connor and buying their way into super league...............short memories boys and girls.

Widnes got a licence. Fev will, hopefully,get promoted. Widnes never put out a team remotely likely to win promotion when they were in the Championship.

Read through the threads regarding the proposed new systems and bringing back p&r and there's loads of comments saying the the reactionaries have got there way and that we'll be back to winter rugby being played in front of blokes in their flat caps with whippets, that people who want p&r back are self serving and don't care about the game. Lots of sweeping comments like that.

It just seems to me if you don't agree with the way the game has been run over the last few years you're classed as an ageing dinosaur who doesn't care about the game and that's not the case, it's just that some people don't think that licensing has worked and would like to see it changed. And I think there's certainly an argument to be made that that's the case

Exactly.

as soonas this pub ( club bar) closes the revelution starts!!!!

Alex Glasgow lives!

It just seems to me if you don't agree with the way the game has been run over the last few years you're classed as an ageing dinosaur who doesn't care about the game and that's not the case, it's just that some people don't think that licensing has worked and would like to see it changed. And I think there's certainly an argument to be made that that's the case[/quote

A gross distortion.

It says that they are now exploring two options, 1 which has the 8x3 split, and one which has more traditional P&R, so it would appear based on the RFL press release that it will be one of these two options.

Not quite...and appearances can be deceptive.

The words are ' a more traditional....' In a game where a p and r is not traditional